Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Green Lane above Dent – Yorkshire Dales
  • RobinL

Does anyone know if the bridleway between Kingsdale and Barbondale known as Green Lane which passes over Foul Moss and South Lords Land is in a rideable state. I haven’t done it for years and last time I was there they were doing some re-surfacing. It did used to be used by 4X4’s heavily and was a muddy, rutted bog.

Thanks

martinhutch

I did it from the top of Kingsdale as far as the drop into Dent going about 18 months ago after a dry spell. Was rideable, but still wet and slow going in places.

I recall someone reporting similar on here a few weeks back.

NewRetroTom

I remember riding that back in the late 90’s.

We used to call it the Occy road (short for Occupation road).

It was starting to get cut up by motorbikes back then.

thecaptain
    Free Member

It was used in a recent MTBO event (this summer). By all accounts, those who used it wished they hadn’t. Shame as it looks like a useful route on the map!

ajf
    Free Member

the bit from middleton fell side towards whernside is fine up till the bridleway at 54.256350, -2.445742

I then found it a bit of a slow walk through mud and puddles with occasional riding round blea gills/high pike.

Did it last week as it is part of the yd200 route.

grizedaleforest

It’s one of my local b/ways. Just to confirm what ajf says above – OK at either end but the bit running south from the b/way junction isn’t much fun and if it has been raining lots will be anti-fun!

RobinL

Thanks all – sounds like its best to give it a miss !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Green Lane above Dent – Yorkshire Dales’ is closed to new replies.