Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Green Hubs… What are the options?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Just contemplating doing a bit of colour coordinating. Green hubs would be ace, but… Don’t wanna spend Chris King or Tune money, want something more reliable than Superstar/Novatec, and sadly I’m not good enough to get sponsored by Hope!

So… Anything else out there that I’ve missed?

Need 15mm front, 135QR rear and a SRAM XD driver ideally.

scotroutes

Trek had/have some green hubs on full builds. Might be possible to find some wheels somewhere? They are a very light green though. Not as dark as CK

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Get your hub of choice anodized? I did exactly that with Hopes..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/4wU9Sw]Green Hope hubs![/url] by Gordon Harper, on Flickr

woodster

Industry Nine do green. Not exactly budget though

dan86
    Free Member

Hope ones come up on ebay from time to time.. sometimes daft prices though. i’ve had a pair of hubs anodised for £15 once.

njee20
    Free Member

Getting some done yourself looks good, for whatever reason it’s one of the least done colours! I flirted with the idea on some American Classics, r3g’s look good, kinda wish I had.

Went Tune on the new road bike, not budget, but ‘only’ €400 from Germany, which made them cheaper than DT240s at trade.

mboy
    Free Member

Where from at that price njee?

I’m almost inclined to get CK’s seeing as they still fetch good money 2nd hand, even though I’m not particularly fond of them per se.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

White Industries make the best hubs, they might do a green set for you if you ask them nicely.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Green Hubs… What are the options?’ is closed to new replies.