Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Great Yarmouth locals.
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

I am there for the long weekend, Taking my MTB* from a ride round Thetford on Sat. My question is: Any local woods/Bridleways worth riding for a quick blast from GY on Friday evening?

*I don’t have a road bike.

pegglet
    Free Member

you,ll have to get over to norwich(15ml)have a play at mousehold heath….or 15ml northward to bacton woods….nowt in yarmouth except pasty fat northern familys packing chips and doughnuts down.. cheer

scottfitz
    Free Member
    prezet
    Free Member

There’s not much out there tbh. Just make sure your bike is well locked up and out of sight when in Yarmouth.

As mentioned head into Norwich for a play at Mousehold which has a few fun little lines. Or head a bit further out to Bacton – which has more to offer. Or, if you’ve got time head futher north out towards Sherringham and ‘pretty corner’ – some fun little bits of singletrack out there.

Although, if you’re in Yarmouth, you could always think about doing the Werrymans Way path (http://www.wherrymansway.net/wherrymansmap.pdf) which starts at the back of Asda, and goes all the way to Norwich. It has a few little pub stops on the way, and then you can get the train back to Yarmouth for about £4. The train station is right beside Asda where the route starts.

andypaul99
    Free Member

Beware of Doggers (its a Norfolk thing)

scottfitz
    Free Member

Although, if you’re in Yarmouth, you could always think about doing the Werrymans Way path (http://www.wherrymansway.net/wherrymansmap.pdf) which starts at the back of Asda, and goes all the way to Norwich. It has a few little pub stops on the way, and then you can get the train back to Yarmouth for about £4. The train station is right beside Asda where the route starts.

Looks good but its mostly foot paths. I will give the bridleway bits ago and check out Waveney Forest

scottfitz
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Great Yarmouth locals.’ is closed to new replies.