Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Great Wall Steed…..
  • seahouse
    Free Member

Looking to get a pick up type 4 x 4 for work, had a test drive of the Warrior and the Hiluk but just seen the Great Wall Steed.Anyone got one or know anything about them.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I looked at it – the engine is a bit gutless, slow acceleration and struggles on hills. The numbers look ok on paper, but it just doesn’t seem to work in the real world.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/chinese-asbestos-cars-not-recalled/story-fndo317g-1226451306547

THERE will be no recall of nearly 24,000 Chinese-made cars sold in Australia with asbestos parts.

Like asbestos?

Probably nothing really wrong but as using asbestos has been banned since 2004 you have to wonder about the rest of it.

scaredypants

The opinion of a bloke who’s never had and isn’t getting a pickup:

If it was for private use I’d say go for it – they’re all fairly shit “cars” so spend as little as you can get away with

for work, I guess you need utter dependability and durability. No idea on that

The opinion of a bloke whose owned 2 pick-ups and is a member of a Navara forum and reads all sorts of reviews.

No, they are utter, utter dog eggs.

Navara/Ranger/Hilux/Amarok/D-Max
    L200
    Steed

trail_rat
    Free Member

Crash test rating is ……. Tinfoil !!!!

They really are a toy

Look at korrando sport from saangyong it looks nice for the money

Friends have had a few saangyongs with little issues.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh and yer great wall steed will be worth about 57pence once you drive out the showroom.

epicyclo

They’ve been for sale in Oz for a while and I have mates with them.

Rust like buggery – so rust proofing essential.

They’re a mechanically retro version of existing utes, and have a decent chassis, so the negatives are basically all about low $ bodywork and finish.

They do the job a ute is meant to do, but you’re not getting a cheap Toyota.

seahouse
    Free Member

cheers guys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Great Wall Steed…..’ is closed to new replies.