Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Great time at FoD and BpW this weekend but why oh why do they….
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

stop the uplift at 1pm for all buses so the cafe gets rammed full for an hour?

Why not stagger things?

the cafe would probably get more customers over a longer period of time I think.

zilog6128

I’ve always thought this too however the trick is to break for lunch on the penultimate bus. Yes you miss 1 run but it means there’ll be no queue for the cafe rather than queue for 20 plus you can get a table!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cwmdown always had the same problem when they ran two buses.

It might be something to do with regulations in regards to bus driving (technically they’re all bus drivers – or at least Cwmdown are).

BPW typically run 5 buses at the weekend in 2, 2, 1 formation. They could stagger it, first driver take lunch 12-1, second drivers 1-2 and last driver 2-3 – okay 2pm lunch is a bit late, but they don’t start till 10.

But I think it would be worse over-all for riders – first bus is at 10am, last bus leaves at 16:15 so there’s only 6 hours of uplift – if they staggered lunches you’d have 2 hours in the middle of it when they’re almost at half-strength and an hour when they’re a bus down. Compounded by a quicker café and generally shorter break by the riders.

It’s a pain standing in a queue to get lunch for an age, but it’s better than waiting in a queue for the bus in the rain and you I’ve always managed to have lunch, a bit of a chat and strolled back up to the pick-up within the hour.

If you’re really bothered, it’s pretty easy to push/pedal up to the ‘proper’ start of Terry’s Belly and back down again in 30 mins, even for a slightly over-weight old man like me.

smatkins1
    Free Member

the trick is to break for lunch on the penultimate bus. Yes you miss 1 run but it means there’ll be no queue for the cafe rather than queue for 20 plus you can get a table!

Then you can enjoy a post lunch ride up to get that extra run in for when the bus starts up again 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Great time at FoD and BpW this weekend but why oh why do they….’ is closed to new replies.