Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Great Sporting Bell Ends #6562
  • Harry_the_Spider
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

An Amateur
    Chris Lewis – 13 yrs for importing cocaine

Look up Anthony Gobert – motorcycle racer turned druggie who ended up being arrested for petty theft.

A few lines of coke is nowt.

Hadge
    Free Member

Sad, very sad. His career is over and he's no focus in his life so he's bored and this is what happens with too much time and too much money. He's not the only one and he won't be the last – if Rooney isn't careful he will be like a ticking time-bomb and could easily head this way.

donsimon
    Free Member

I find it quite sad and disgusting that a newspaper can use a person during their successful years to sell papers and then revel and sell more papers in their downfall, that's not news! Scum.
    This has been seen so many times, as Hadge says it won't be the last. Paul Gasgoine anyone? Too much money, too much adoration and then suddenly nothing.
    Rooney should be ok, he's probably in the best place to keep him focused and under control. Ferguson won't torelate an abuse of talent, but if someone is hellbent on self destruction there is little anyone can do.

mikey74
    Free Member

So what if Hatton wants to take some drugs: It's his life, he can live it how he sees fit.

brakes
    Free Member

he's a role model to some kids, especially in Manchester, that's my only concern
    but then, should boxers be role models?
    I think the bigger issue here is that you've been caught reading the News of the World
    disgraceful behaviour

loddrik
    Free Member

COME FORTH MIDDLE ENGLAND AND SHOW YOUR DISTAIN!!!

Pathetic, so Hatton likes a line now and again, lots of us do, and guess what, so do a good percentage of the country. I'm afraid these days it's just like having a pint, but people don't show revulsion at that do they??

ton

wot he said^

leave the bloke alone.

Crag
    Free Member

Not sure a few lines of cheeky is the same league as having a few scoops but I agree with the sentiment.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

A good % of the population?

Which ever way you look at it that's a whole new definition of the word 'good'.

I just love the concerned friend cashing in and selling the non-story!

grumm
    Free Member

he's a role model to some kids, especially in Manchester, that's my only concern

And of course none of those kids would know about him taking drugs if it wasn't for the NOTW. I really don't see how this is in the public interest.

Jamie
    Free Member

News Of The World really are c*nts.

…and the OP needs to wind his neck in for calling someone they do not know a bell end for recreational drug use.

KT1973
    Free Member

The guys just having a couple of poodles legs so he can last the distance on his night on the batter and this tart who's pretending to be his mate has filmed him and shopped him to the NOTW. Premeditated too!
    Shame on her. I read the article and the comments below and f*ck me there are some small minded people in this country.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

He's been doing it for years. I used to regularly see him training inbetween fights. His weight would seriously yoyo, several stone.

Old news

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

You guys can kid yourselves all you want. Taking drugs is neither big or clever. Yes he is a bell end for doing it, as is everyone else. You guys included if that's your thing

Jamie
    Free Member

Taking drugs is neither big or clever. Yes he is a bell end for doing it, as is everyone else. You guys included if that's your thing

Aww diddums! Did someone smoke a banana skin and get dizzy?

grumm
    Free Member

You guys can kid yourselves all you want. Taking drugs is neither big or clever. Yes he is a bell end for doing it, as is everyone else. You guys included if that's your thing

I take it you don't drink alcohol either then?

mikey74
    Free Member

For saying that Monkey, I believe it is you who is the bell-end: Let people live their own lives, you self-righteous idiot.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Next…

brakes
    Free Member

so Hatton likes a line now and again, lots of us do, and guess what, so do a good percentage of the country

doesn't make it right though does it?
    ever considered the pain and misery that is created in other people's lives just because a selfish user wants a bit of a fix now and again? ever thought where your money goes and what it funds?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bakes – that is to do with the prohibition – the legal status of the drug. Nothing to do with inherent qualities of the drug. That is an argument for legalisation as prohibition does not reduce consumption.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahr ****, it's turned into this argument again…..

C'mon guys, from the casual user to the addicted, each to their own and all that, but really, you're not in the slightest bit ashamed of your need to dabble?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you drink alcohol TSY?

tron
    Free Member

prohibition does not reduce consumption.

Really?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

TJ, yes I do…

donsimon
    Free Member

Isn't alcohol legal?

brakes
    Free Member

I know that TJ, it's doesn't change the fact that people taking drugs funds terrorism, and that they should not be ignorant of that fact

tron
    Free Member

I think there must be a parallel universe where everyone has the odd dabble with drugs and it's seen as perfectly fine. At least that's the impression I get from some people's comments and the odd article in the more left wing press.

In my social circles it's either very unusual, or so low key that I haven't noticed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tron – its clear the "war on drugs" and prohibition has failed.

Vast quantities of drugs are consumed in countries with prohibition. In countries with more lax regimes consumption is lower and less problematic. In the USA you can go to jail for long periods for simple possession of small amounts of drugs – has it stopped consumption soaring?

The classic example of this is the dutch and heroin addicts. Simply put there are almost no new heroin addicts each year in the Netherlands. No new recruits. Why? – because of their liberal drug policies.

Teh average age of a junkie in the netherlands is in the low 40s and there are fewer of them each year. In the UK its low 20s and there are more of them each year.

loddrik
    Free Member

Bakes, I hate to ruin your delusion but (living in Liverpool as I do) I know people right the way up the 'chain' from when it comes over, I can assure you they are not terrorists and they don't rape children, though no doubt the daily mail has you believing otherwise. The funny thing is is that people who are slap bang middle englanders think these big bad drug dealers are the devil incarnate. They are people, they have chosen a certain vocation, but on the whole they are pretty normal people.

tron
    Free Member

You know it isn't as simple as that, and there's no way to control for all the other factors involved.

You might as well say that the Czechs drink more beer than us because we have cooler summers and milder winters.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

They're nothing more than criminals. Simple

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

TJ & Bakes forget the prohibition argument. It's the need to take drugs full stop that is the issue. If I was getting shitfaced on white lightening every night I consider that something to be ashamed of too.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tron – I'm afraid while I have oversimplified it is clear that prohibition not only has failed but makes the situation worse.

Look into the case of Leah Betts if you want to see why.

Humans have always wanted to get high and prohibition simply does not work

Look into the history of prohibition of alcohol in the USA

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

loddrik – pretty normal people who are also willing to fu~k you up real bad if you step out of line?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TSY – but you drink alcohol. Thats a drug implicated in huge numbers of deaths and huge amounts of addiction and misery.

Not all drug users get shitfaced every night. I know respectable successful professional people who like a little reconsecration drug use now and then.

tron
    Free Member

TJ, you're talking tripe. Come back when you've got a test where the factors of treatment, education, social stature, employment etc. have all been controlled for and someone has a good confidence interval suggesting that prohibition increases consumption.

Until then, wind your neck in with your stupid unfounded assertions.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😆 @ TJ!
    This is a public forum and a topic on which I am more than happy to discuss my personal opinions, however as a 'respectable successful professional'…. 😉

Still doesn't change what I think about the whole thing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tron

saometimes the truth is awkward and does not fit your perceptions.

Its a very complex subject but it is clear that prohibition does not reduce consumption of drugs and it is clear that prohibition make the social ills of drug taking worse.

this may not fit in with your simplistic kneejerk response. It is however not

stupid unfounded assertions.

Much research and evidence of this.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Great Sporting Bell Ends #6562’ is closed to new replies.