Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Great price 2013 Zesty 26" or wait for 650b or 29er?
  • chappie916

There must be loads of people like me out there. Had the same bike for years (nicely spec’ed Enduro), been totally happy with it but like all things it gets old and a new one is probably better than the constant stream of new parts it seems to need.

But!

Do I stick with 26″ or go 650b or 29er?

I’ve been looking at a Lapierre Zesty 414 today… about 26% off retail, in my size and in stock.

Should I ignore the hype and stick with something that’s been absolutely fine for 20 years or move to a new wheel size?

Lifes just got very complicated so I’d appreciate thoughts… I really do feel like I’m being sold a dud with all the new format buzz.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If I had the money I’d get the new 650B Spicy with the Pike and the E.I shock, as the Pike is a brilliant fork. I don’t see the point in a shorter travel bike if these new active suspension systems are reliable.

Had a go with an E.I 26 inch Spicy a while back which blew me away, pedalled really really well because of the electronic suspension….much better than any VP bike……. when you hit the rough stuff it was unnoticeable and the shock opened out just fine!

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve got a 414 and really like it, demo ed loads but kept going back to the zesty and after snapping a 2011 zesty I actually wanted a alloy bike so the 414 was my choice.
    Cannot comment on the 29/EI Suspention but I guess there is a huge price difference between both bikes?
    Ether way I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Great price 2013 Zesty 26" or wait for 650b or 29er?’ is closed to new replies.