Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Great people in the trade – name your faves!
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

We always moan about poor service – who is good in your opinion? Name your best LBS, top fork tuning/service dudes, online superstore.

Mine:
    1- 18Bikes in Hope
    2- Loco tuning
    3- Merlin

lunge

Name your best LBS – Two Wheels and Race Co, both Stourbridge
    Top fork tuning dudes – No idea, never used one
    Online superstore – Wiggle or CRC, had no problems with either.

donsimon
    Free Member

Any of the shops in Madrid who gave me discount without having to ask for it or expect it.
    Enrique at EnBici– superstar.
    Fran at Mammoth– Ti superstar.
    Don’t tune forks.
    Try not to use online stores.

timc
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes in Southport / Preston have done me great deals / service for the best part of 10-15 years!

I dont want them to make me tea, be my friend or any of that nonce stuff, just look after my bike & pocket & they reward me using them!

Online stuff its CRC / Melin… Never had a problem with either including returns!

Little Bike shop in crosby (College Cycles), North Merseyside with a great Mechanic, also use him!

ruscle
    Free Member

Free Flow bikes in Scotland, better than anything I have local. Always super friendly and great prices.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Dorian owner of Ec Cycles in Nelson, S.Wales top lad, loves his bikes and does all he can to get you out on the trails when your bike is bust.

Has helped me out many times so I use him for everything and don’t buy anything from online as he always prices there or there abouts and fits it for free etc – top bike shop 😀

I want him to stay open so I spend my dosh there simple.

http://www.eccycles.co.uk/

_tom_
    Free Member

18 Bikes customer service has been brilliant in my experience 🙂

George Hall’s Cycle Centre, probably my best lbs. Friendly service and reasonably priced fork servicing.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Troutie is a top bloke to deal with, his service and enthusiasm for all things bright and shiny is incredible.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The Bike Chain in Edinburgh..

Not my LBS but Genks & Druidh are both spot on.

Merlin are always spot on.

And Tim at Sideways is a top bloke and runs a great shop..

Ellis at Alf Jones is great & helpful too

Trekster

G&G cycle-centre in Dumfries & Mabie.
    My very 1st new bike was bought from there 44yrs ago next week 🙄 , well before any of the current staff were born and when the mechanic, Euans mum &dad ran the shop which was across the road.

Ae7bikes @ Ae

Biketreks. Although not local my mate and I used to ride with Andy in the early/mid `90s long before the shop became as “popular” as it is now

Online..used Merlin for yrs before CRC

Chipps.. for this site and magazine. Met him a few times and he is ace.

Steve Wade from Orange. Another great guy I have met and ridden with. Still don`t like Orange bikes but Steve does put a lot of energy, enthusiasm and time into what he does

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Great people in the trade – name your faves!’ is closed to new replies.