Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Great North Run – How did you get on?
  • franksinatra

I know a few fellow STWers did the run yesterday, interested to know how you got on and what you thought?

I came in at 2hr 13min which I was pretty disappointed with, I was sure my pace was around 2hr, certainly felt it. Taught me to take a watch next time.

Surprised by the lack of banter on the course though, I didn’t seem to pick up on the amazing atmosphere that others spoke of (with obvious exception of the last 1 mile which was immense).

Very distressing to see a guy receiving CPR on the finish line line, difficult to feel good about finishing when you see that. Would love to know if he was okay.

Woody
    Free Member

I happened to have to get through the course in an ambulance with an emergency MI (unrelated to the run) to Freeman Road Hospital PPCI Unit and asked them if they had get many admisssions from the race: unfortunately they don’t 🙁

Houns

That link doesn’t seem right as the weather conditions werent warm and sunny yesterday

Woody
    Free Member

I think you’re right houns – unfortunately I was sweating my bolloxs off at the time so didn’t notice. Link deleted on edit

glupton1976
    Free Member

That link was from 2005. Daily Fail did a bloody good job of making it look like 2013 though.

sharkbait
    Free Member

2nd

😉

glupton1976
    Free Member

Franksinatra – good work on finishing in those conditions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Great North Run – How did you get on?’ is closed to new replies.