Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • great news on the job front,
  • gohan
    Free Member

had a lovely chat with my head of HR today. because of the shop not making as much money as it should be doing even tho we are in recession, i am on a months notice as the company thinks that getting a different more ‘customer and product focused’ assistant manager in will make all the difference, GAY. very very gay, so does any one know of any where in bristol who are lookin for an experienced cytech mechanic, 6 years experience, dam good wheel builder too! dont think i want to work in another comic shop, at least i got 30 days notice?

gohan
    Free Member

oh yeah we are not doin as well as 08 fair enough but we are up on 07??!!!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Don’t understand the ‘gay’ bit. Does your shop want a gay mechanic?

lyons
    Free Member

sorry to hear about that… I remember that whilst I was searching, somewhere out there, was a job for a mechanic in the alps…

Which is hopefully where I’ll be soon.

gohan
    Free Member

no! its an expression, they dont want a mechanic at all, they want a comic geek, which im not apparently,

spooky_b329

Can they sack you for that?

Either you are sacked via disciplinary (verbal/written/final warnings etc/gross misconduct) or you are made redundant. Which means they can’t fill your position for something like two years, as your position is redundant.

gohan
    Free Member

its the end of my probationary period so im screwed, 🙁 boo!

spooky_b329

Hmmm, sorry to hear that then 🙁 Good luck.

andywhit
    Free Member

sounds like your face didn’t fit then.

gohan
    Free Member

yeah, somethin like that, ah well, could be worse, i think?

zaskar
    Free Member

Name and shame the shop!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

On the other hand, he might be a shit assistant manager…?

MrAgreeable

If you weren’t “product focussed” enough to work at a comic book shop then it probably means you weren’t geeky enough. Or was it like that episode of Spaced where Tim gets sacked for telling the manager that Babylon 5 is shite?

If you’re looking for bike shop work there are shedloads of places in Bristol you could try. I know Psyclewerx (on Cotham Hill)’s mechanic recently broke himself dirt jumping, maybe see if they want to take you on for a bit? There’s also Bike Workshop, Evans, Halfrauds, the Specialized Store, Garlands etc etc.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Maybe he was sacked for being homophobic.

gohan
    Free Member

cheers for that Darcy, nice, kick me while im down, no its the companies way of getting what they want, which is some one more of a geek than me, all the staff and the manager like me and the manager was trying to stop it from happening, and sorry but no name and shame, well not till i have my p45 anyway,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘great news on the job front,’ is closed to new replies.