Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Great news for Cornwall
  • scrambledeg
    Free Member

10km’s of new off road woodland cycle trails to be created near Bodmin.
    See here for the details.

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/National-Trust-wins-unanimous-backing-Lanhydrock/story-17958760-detail/story.html

eviljoe
    Free Member

Great news! Looking forward to it!

scrambledeg
    Free Member

Prolly not going to be that much there for the thrill seekers on here unfortunately but you can’t have everything.
    Should be good though I am looking forward to it…

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’ve heard its going to be fairly family freindly, though not quite camel trail. good news though anything to promote riding down west is good news.

cardinham woods, trails due to start opening early feb, i’ve heard is pretty fun.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Cardinham has needed a bit of repair work due to people riding before the trails were ready. Ignoring ‘this trail ain’t ready’ signs costs projects like 1SW money, which reduces the overall amount of trail that gets built.

Heard from a reliable source that Llanhydrock will have some interesting bits if the budget stretches. It won’t all be family friendly, unless they go over budget building the blue route.

scrambledeg
    Free Member

Sounds like something for everyone then :0)

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

wordnumb… do you know what cardinham is like in terms of difficulty of trail and riding between them? i want to take my lad, 9, as he’s never seen or ridden a man made trail but i don’t want to go if it will nail his confidence or be too much of an xc slog.

wordnumb
    Free Member

May contain spoilers:

Gav – the blue does what it should, competent riders will get a fair bit of speed out of it but there’s nothing much to intimidate beginners. Best thing would be to ride it yourself first so you know where stuff is – also, check a map, because there are plenty of places to leave the trail and return to the car park via fire rds. The blue makes good use of the gradient, there are no sustained climbs but there are a couple of relatively steep, non-technical bits both upward and downward. There’s also a series of descending switchbacks just after the halfway point. The reds split off from the blue at a couple of places, usually a step or gate to alert you to the fact. Apparently they’re opening it on the 3rd now, but some bits aren’t quite ready and will be fenced off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Great news for Cornwall’ is closed to new replies.