Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Great morning on the bike, Orange Crush content!
  • ljs1977
    Free Member

Not really sure why I felt the need to write this post, perhaps it was in the attempt to get a nod from the cycling community after a great weekend on my bike.

My long suffering wife will listen, advise and put up with most biking chit chat but sometimes she doesn’t get how good a great bike ride feels.

I bought a new Orange Crush (RS) May last year as a little treat to myself. I clicked on all of the Hope bits too! It is a thing of beauty and I could not be more happy with it, or so I thought. I had a busy year last year moving house, job, little’ns school, getting fat, not riding enough. I only managed social rides and XC style riding. Still happy with the bike but noticed it was not as quick as my Scott Scale (also not as fit as I was).

This weekend I had a free pass, the girls were busy for the morning and I took myself off to Sherwood Pines, it has been ages since I have been to a trail centre as I was getting a bit fed up with them. I know this is not the most difficult / loved centre in the world but it is 15 mins from my house and suited my time / fatness.

This is what I bought the Crush for. I was seeking out things to pump, jump, drop off and was barely on the brakes (not like me, i’m a bit of a mincer). Great morning of going full pelt around (nearly killed me) and not riding like I used to with a time and ave MPH bias, I rode for fun and stopped when tired or had an opportunity to chat with other like minded riding folk.

A really nice morning, which reminded me why I fell in love with MTB riding in the first place.

That’s all. Sorry for the waffling.

riklegge

Fantastic! Days like that on the bike are the reason I ride, good to know you’ve found the love again.

prawny

I had a very similar hour and a half on Saturday over cannock, I didn’t have a huge amount of time, but I wasn’t too ambitious on distance and it was lovely. Stopped at the top of a couple of hills to mop the sweat off my head and have a drink before heading back down.

I was on a 140mm Alu hardtail too, could be related 😆

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Great morning on the bike, Orange Crush content!’ is closed to new replies.