Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Great Hill – Withnell, Lancashire
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

Nipped up Great Hill today from Withnell on part of a Bogtrotters route (thanks Simon). The climb up to the top of Great Hill from the west was fine – good track, and 100% rideable (although the step ups near the tops gave my lungs a good work out).

The ride down the east side of Great Hill was very soggy. I think I followed the path suggested on the bogtrotters route (brings you out at opposite the house), but there were a good few bits which were fairly unrideable (not helped by the fact that I got my front wheel stuck in a bug, and cracked my knee off a rock).

Is the more southerly path from Great Hill (which seems to start off across more flagstones) any more rideable? Is this the track shown on the map which brings you out close to the car park shown on the OS map?

Thanks!

Bolt

Think they way you came down is the best way!!. Not great I know especially at this time of year and not great in summer really.
    Better staying on Tockholes side or over towards Healey nab/Rivington.

Bolt

pixelmix
    Free Member

Thanks Bolt. DIdn’t head over to the Tockholes side of the road today due to lack of time and dodgy knee, but will give that side of the route a bash next time I am here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Great Hill – Withnell, Lancashire’ is closed to new replies.