Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Great guitarist ruins a selection of great songs…
  • guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Just been listening to this on Spotify.

I can’t believe such a great guitarist would do such a thing! I’m all for people doing their own interpretation of songs but in this instance I think Carlos should’ve left them alone. Especially Back in Black…

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you listen carefully you can hear his credibility being stretched too far…

*snap!*

druidh
    Free Member

I was sure this was gonna be about Hank Marvin

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Why, what’s Hank done??

beanieripper
    Free Member

plenting of guitar w@nking on that im afraid, pretty souless stuff

Three_Fish
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_E6fJTCKC0[/video]

nickc

Number of notes per minute has never been a measure of good music and never will be

13thfloormonk

My introduction to Santana was his Woodstock set, and some shady bootleg of really fuzzed out, lo-fi recordings of some songs off his first album (persuasion, evil ways, help from my friends, soul sacrifice etc).

Everything I’ve listened to since has been a MASSIVE disappointment…

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Many years ago a mate of mine bought a Santana Triple LP called “Lotus” for what was then silly amounts of money (about thirty quid I think)

The first track called “Meditation” was 1min 39sec of bugger all, just silence.

Never much liked them and that is just taking the piss, seems they haven’t improved in about thirty years then

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

3fish lol

LapSteel
    Free Member

3fish ha ha quality clip….still laughing 😆

julianwilson
    Free Member

3 fish, as a guitarist I am actually embarrassed to watch that motorway pile-up of a youtube clip. Just stunning! 😆

sweepy
    Free Member

i cant see the clip

julianwilson
    Free Member

sweepy, it’s called “Eric Clapton shreds with Carlos Santana” and it’s from youtube. Be prepared to have your ears ruined! 😆

Three_Fish
    Free Member

There are modern bands that really have stormed away from some of the ‘old masters’ in terms of ability and composition.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHYYu6uuOU8[/video]

Woody
    Free Member

Be prepared to have your ears ruined!

……and bleeding……………..jeeezus HC 😯

And they get applause!!!!

Woody
    Free Member

ThreeFish

Stop it NOW ! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

warton
    Free Member

sweet jesus, whats he doing? Back in Black with some sort of rap on it. wtf

sweepy
    Free Member

bugger me thats awful
    for some reason I was expecting this tho

Hairychested
    Free Member

3 Fish, please, never again! They made me look good as a guitarist despite a proper lack of talent on my side. Bleh!
    The only thing as bad would be this:
    Your ears will bleed, beware!

ourmaninthenorth

Hairychested – WTF? That’s woprse than the classical punk rockabilly band I saw in Lithuania..!

CountZero

Dear God, that video 3fish posted is truly, embarrassingly awful. I had to stop at two minutes, I couldn’t stand it any more. Mind-bu99eringly dreadful. And the audience went wild, too.

robdob
    Free Member

Hang on, arent those 2 embedded clips videos with a new soundtrack on? I’m sure I’ve listened to those before – the peoples singing and some of the instruments that are playing don’t match with the video.

rexated
    Free Member

that’s the most quailty thing i’ve seen on the web for years. good effort whoever did that! genius.

mikey74
    Free Member

That clip is definitely a piss-take.

TBH I’ve always thought Santana to be one of the most overrated guitarists on the planet.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Great guitarist ruins a selection of great songs…’ is closed to new replies.