Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Great Divide route. Anyone ridden it on here?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

We met a few guys riding it while on the TransAm. A broad mix of riders from an elite German racer to a family with two boys aged 9 and 11 who were riding a different section each year. They started it when their youngest was 8. Oh and they rode ‘cross bikes.

It looks an epic trail with what looked like a lot of Land Rover track in some super remote landscapes.

Are there any blogs or forums that give a balanced picture of the trail?

pjt201
    Free Member

not done it, but the maps are available and maintained by Adventure Cycling America and there’s some info on there.

Also this film is worth a watch Ride the Divide

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

There’s a few but Aidan and Blackhound spring to mind.

wwaswas

Jenn did (she raced the Tour Divide but di the Canadian bit as a ‘warm up’ I think.

And then cycled from the Mexican border to San Fransisco as a ‘warm down’.

There’s a nice article in the stw archive wot she wrote about it.

rewski
    Free Member

No, way out my league, just watched the Blu-ray of Ride The Divide, stunning, and read this Two Wheels on My Wagon

crichards
    Free Member

I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to ride it back in 2008. I kept a basic blog which has one or two links: Clicky

There is also a specific GDR blog page on the Adventure Cycling America website which I trawled through for information before heading off myself.

Hope this helps 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I’m fairly confident this is Aidan’s blog (can’t view from work, so apologies if I’m wrong!). He’s a very tough chap, and an excellent rider, certainly a hell of a challenge!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Aidan’s got a new website. He’s raced the TD twice, doing really well both time despite various mechanicals. I’ll let you know what it’s like after June next year 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Thanks for that folks.

Sue_W
    Free Member

If you can get hold of the latest copy of the ctc magazine (oct / nov 11), it has a feature on the Great Divide Ride from a woman who rode it this year (and she’d never ridden off-road before!). Also a link to her account of her trip:

http://eatsleepdrinkbeerride.blogspot.com

Clockwork667
    Free Member

Jill Homer rode it in 2009, set the female course record

http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/

She also wrote a book about it. Links on her blog.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Great Divide route. Anyone ridden it on here?’ is closed to new replies.