Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Great bit of design
  • daznal
    Free Member

Fitted a new bb on a mates bike last night,its fitted with race face deus cranks.Now i know the bb’s are babber but the self extracting system they use on the cranks is a simple but superb bit of design.Only just come across this as i usualy use shimano cranks.Has anybody else come across any other simple but great ideas on bike kit?

Teifiterror
    Free Member

I had two sets of race face deus cranks and they both failed as the splines wore out and each of the crank arms moved independently a small amount causing a very irritating knock with every pedal rotation. Worst design ever, shimano cranks for 2 years now without issue.

RealMan
    Free Member

other simple but great ideas on bike kit?

Almost every feature on a camelbak, from a lock out to stop it leaking in the car, to the hook to keep the bladder upright, and pockets for all your tools and phone etc.

Bottle opener drop outs on my santa cruz maybe? 😀

Tiny little brushes on the inside of my crud roadracer mudguard things, that clean the rim and keep it centred, without proving loads of resistance or anything.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Centrelock.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

FTW.

matt_outandabout

ahem, I think you will find this would win on the simple, good design that worked…

Andy

ahem, I think you will find this would win on the simple, good design that worked…

Yeah, used to love taking them apart to regrease every 2 months and replacing them every year 🙄

One of my bikes has a UN71 thats 14 years old 8)

matt_outandabout

Too be fair, I too have UN71 on wifes bike that must also be 8+ years old as well, and I too had to faff with grease all the time on the old ones…

LsD
    Free Member

He’s right, one kens!! Though ye could bin the bearing cages and get a couple of extra baws in……regular bit of servicing and they’ll last for years.
    *fears change*

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP shimano used that system back in the 80s and I’d be surprised if they were the first.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Great bit of design’ is closed to new replies.