Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Great bit of art…
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

I enjoyed it. I didn’t enjoy the shiny thing, or coloured walls. Leaf win 🙂

corroded
    Free Member

That is no more ‘great art’ than a ship in a bottle.

yunki
    Free Member

Somafunk..

I’d like to ask a favour if I may.. I’d be interested to get your opinion on a painting that I’ve got a great deal of time for..

I’ve heard it likened to Pollack, but I’m not really interested in drawing any comparisons.. It wasn’t painted with Pollack in mind and in fact the inspiration came from a very different angle indeed..
    It would interest me greatly however, to find out if this piece could hold any intrigue for such a genuinely passionate Pollack fan..

flavella -acrylic on canvas

obviously you’re not going to get the same effect viewing it online as you might in the flesh, but I’d be interested to hear your thoughts nonetheless..

deepreddave
    Free Member

Interesting reading the differing opinions as someone who rarely gets ‘art’. Some of the tryptyks are nice, the more colourful ones, but others look very plain so guessing you need to see them in the flesh. The leaf’s very skilful too but then if we can build nanobots it’s maybe not that surprising. The sculptures in the eye of a needle are quite interesting too but more so for the artist’s ability to create them.

somafunk

Interesting pic Yunki, i hope you don’t mind but i imported it into photoshop which i am trying to get to grips with, I only recently bought it but i’ve not much clue yet how to actually use it, yeah i know practice…practice…practice but how many folk actually read instruction manuals?.

Your original was interesting but my eyes kept getting drawn to the bottom left corner which shouldn’t be there in that block form (my uneducated opinion, i am in no way arty in the slightest and don’t know what i’m talking about so please ignore me) and the portrait mode didn’t seem to do the stereoscopic nature of the picture any favours so i rotated it in photoshop, cropped the section off that annoyed me (sorry 😕 ) and adjusted the hue/saturation levels very slightly by a few % and i now feel i’d be more than happy to have it on my wall, it seems to have a tad more impact and is rather visually arresting but i wish i had the photoshop skill to show what i’d do with what’s left of the bottom right, ideally i’d like to transpose the top left, but not exactly the same, down into the bottom right area.

I’d have it if there was a couple of changes as above – did you paint it?…. if so [/url][/img] my efforts to paint on my wall so far have been extremely demoralising to say the least, gonna get a good friend to do me something rothko (ish) next time she’s down this way.

yunki
    Free Member

well yeah I did paint it..
    I was doing a bit of an experiment in using photoshop as a tool for sketching, rather than pencil, and then realised that I could take it a bit further and sketch in colour, and adjust composition, tone and completely manipulate the image etc etc..

I did end up meticulously painting the finished pieces onto canvas by hand.. a perverse sense of irony..? the peice there is 1200mm x 400mm

did you suss it was a photoshop image straight away..?

somafunk

did you suss it was a photoshop image straight away..?

Not immediately as i viewed it on the site link you posted but upon importing it into PS, well?……. yeah i did.

So photoshop to lay it out then onto canvas?, makes sense to do it that way i guess as paint and equipment is expensive….I know from all of my balls-ups….from what i’ve spent on materials to the amount of time i’ve wasted, not to mention the sheer frustration at not being good enough I expect I could’ve bought a canvas from a gallery.

Do you sell your work? – any links to other stuff you’ve done or can you recommend any online galleries to browse through?

yunki
    Free Member

I was affiliated with a couple of trendy galleries, but at the moment I’m up to my eyeballs in nappies and lego and chaos and grief being a full time stay at home dad.. so any art career that I might aspire to is on hold for a few years

If you’re interested in looking at some more stuff, drop me an email and I can send you some more info that way..
    I’ve not got any stuff for sale at the moment, but I’m always willing to discuss commissions..

email in profile.. 🙂

somafunk

Yeah?, will do later.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Great bit of art…’ is closed to new replies.