Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Great *bay advertisment- not mine I hasten to add!
  • bohngy
    Free Member

This is some salesperson, with some pretty bold claims. It made me chuckle, so I thought I'd share…

enjoy…

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mens-Scotts-Custom-Built-Professional-Bike_W0QQitemZ120547580603QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item1c11321abb

Does anyone know what a 'new rear lightweight dolly' is?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

😯

coatesy
    Free Member

Now,I know I don't follow the Tour de France, but i'm not sure about that claim to fame.

GavinB

That frame won the TdF?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

'this frame won the Tour De France a few years ago'
    Quite a claim, especially as that's held mostly on tarmac unless I'm mistaken.

mtbfix

I'd like to know which TdF was won on a mountain bike.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Starting bid: £550.00

THIS IS A BARGAIN"

No, no it is not. You are mistaken. The TdF claim is also mistaken, or pssibly mendacious. The "dolly" business is simply delusional. 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

I hope I'm not the only one who's emailed to ask what a lightweight dolly is!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Please understand what your bidding for

😮

grahamt1980

Just down the road from me, amazing what some people from peterborough think they can get away with

SpeedyG
    Free Member

And my Ford Focus 1.6d won the Australian F1 Grand Prix last year,going for £37,000 -any takers????? 😀

DezB
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Late 90s Scott, was about a grand
    http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1997&Brand=Scott&Model=Comp+Racing&Type=bike

I actually wanted one but couldn't afford it! I can't afford that one either 🙁

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

i think a light weight dolly is just another name for a trailer.so i presume hes selling the bike with a trailer.

WorsthorneWarrior
    Free Member

Cost £2800 to build!!!

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

2800 includes the garage its in.

supercyril
    Free Member

Holy sh1t look i have found in my garage!
    I think it has been signed by lance armstrong too.
    Unfortunatly it has no lightwieght dolly.

DezB
    Free Member

Shit cyril, you must be loaded!

onewheelgood

yeah but Cyril's taken the fork boots off his so it's not worth nearly as much.

Rickos
    Free Member

But does it do good skids?

Diawl
    Free Member

Taken it off any sweet jumps?

thomthumb
    Free Member

cyril has the right tyres for tdf!!! 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

£2800 NEW?? 😆

dustypumpkins

Bargain of the century.

luke.ellis
    Free Member

was in not free listings the other day on ebay. i smell a rat. or a very stupid bike seller

BigJohn

The lightweight dolly is a blow up one that's neatly packed away in the saddlebag. Always on standby for a bit of solo dogging.

singletracksurfer

lets see what response I get:

What model dolly is it?

Was it this actual frame that won the TDF?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I was expecting it to finish on 1 April

Bregante

My question to him sent last night: "Hi, I'm sure you know what you're talking about but is that the right bike in the picture?
    I always thought that the Tour De France was a road race and that looks very much like a mountain bike"

His response this evening: It's the frame that won – the tyres and bars make it a MTB.

😯

bassspine
    Free Member

aparently the light weight rear dolly is 'the rear cog' maybe dolly = derailleur. those TdF XT mechs are expensive.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

he said "no time wasters please"

don't think he'll have a problem in that department!

EDIT; and you've got to contract him for further information, what? he wants us to have him killed?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

So he's suggesting if I just take a "road" frame and put mtb parts on..it becomes a mountain bike…I'm pretty sure there's a reason people don't that…

brack
    Free Member

Just sent this question…

Hi there,

The contract of which you speak – is it with the Tour De France? Is the trolly Dolly included?

Sorry for all these questions…but do you still have the winning yellow jersey?

Regards

Lance

thefallguy
    Free Member

😆

DrP

I paid £400 for a medium weight rear dolly. I doubt his lightweight one was that cheap…..

DrP

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

So he's suggesting if I just take a "road" frame and put mtb parts on..it becomes a mountain bike…I'm pretty sure there's a reason people don't that…

They do! havent you seen the 29ers on here!

bassspine
    Free Member

maybe we should request a bicycle versin of this from sniffpetrol.com:

Popular internet auction site eBay has been forced to reinforce its guidelines for advertising cars following a recent string of complaints about inappropriate and incorrect listings.

As a reflection of this new crackdown, earlier this week a handful of eBay car sellers received sternly worded warnings from the auction site’s administrators. One such seller was Jackson Lisbo of Squirrelscock. “I was shocked when I got the warning about the ad for my MX5,” Mr Lisbo said. “They told me the text in my ad was too well written, that it contained no massive chunks of pointless block capitals, and that none of the writing was inexplicably in red. They told me to re-read the guidelines, take some new photos of the car making sure that this time they were out of focus, and then re-list the car. I was shocked”.

eBay sources say the company has been forced to launch this crackdown in response to a small band of sellers who still believe the best way to sell a car is to give some actual information about it. “We’re getting tired of these idiots who want to tell you things like mileage, service history, equipment levels and so on,” said one eBay insider. “Until these people learn that the correct way to sell a car on our site is to write ‘BRILENT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FASTER THNA A FEISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ in red Comic Sans and accompany it with one blurry picture of the front three quarter taken at night on a mobile phone, then we have no option but to get tough with them”.

oink1
    Free Member

BigJohn – Member
    The lightweight dolly is a blow up one that's neatly packed away in the saddlebag. Always on standby for a bit of solo dogging.

I lolled so hard that my lappy is now covered in coffee! Thanks…

bassspine
    Free Member

there's less than a nhour to go and no bids. Maybe someone is poised to snipe it 😉

joebickley
    Free Member

I just love the way such a "super elite" bike needs a tool bag strapping to the seat posy 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Great *bay advertisment- not mine I hasten to add!’ is closed to new replies.