Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Grease Free Chain
  • finfhan
    Free Member

I know this may seem a bit adverse but does anyone know where I could buy a grease-free chain? ie it comes with no lube on it at all – its not for a biking application 🙂
    Thanks

matther01
    Free Member

What are using it for? As a whip…and don’t want to infect anyone with the grease?! 😉

finfhan
    Free Member

ha ha, damn, cover blown

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    leffeboy

I would imagine not as the grease will also be a rust inhibitor. Can you not just buy a normal one and soak it in degreaser?

finfhan
    Free Member

Yeah I can do that, It was for making the odd bike trophy and degreasing takes a lot of time and acetone! Just takes a hell of a lot of scrubbing before its sufficiently grease free before glueing

plyphon
    Free Member

Depending on the length you need…. look a fashion accessory type places.

I bet theres loads of cyber goth type places that sell chains etc.

try ebay for cheapo i guess. “bike chain belt/bracelet/necklace” etc

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Drop an old one by the LBS, throw them a couple of quid and ask them to leave it in the parts washer for the afternoon?

welshfarmer

You can have any of mine after a typical winter ride round here. Guaranteed to not have a drop of grease left on them.. 🙂

Seriously though, used may be the way to go and then spray them silver after welding

faustus

Degrease it in a bath of white spirit, takes no time and little effort. Will get surface rust fairly quickly…

EDIT: not in an actual bath though, obv!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Grease Free Chain’ is closed to new replies.