• This topic has 33 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Graze.com
  • dallas95
    Free Member

Anyone buy from Graze? I just saw the ad’ on TV and it got me thinking that it can’t be a viable business. Anyone who snacks on nuts and dried fruit knows where to buy it and mix their own. Even if they are making £2 a box they would need to ship thousands of boxes every week just to pay for the TV ad’s and the overheads. In obesity Britain I don’t believe there’s the demand.

For that reason I’m out.

Drac

They’ve been going a few years now as plenty people think it’s cool to have a box delivered to work that they can sit on their desk to say “Hey look at me I’m dead funky and stuff, I get little snacks delivered to me in a box”.

Far cheaper to go to scoop shop.

Jamie
    Free Member

“Hey look at me I’m dead funky and stuff, I get little snacks delivered to me in a box”.

…or they are all using the free boxes, then binning the trial.

Drac

I doubt it.

dallas95
    Free Member

plenty people think it’s cool to have a box delivered to work that they can sit on their desk to say “Hey look at me I’m dead funky and stuff, I get little snacks delivered to me in a box”.

Ah, that’s a world I know nothing about. I’ve never worked in an office.

officialtob
    Free Member

They’ve been going a few years now as plenty people think it’s cool to have a box delivered to work that they can sit on their desk to say “Hey look at me I’m dead funky and stuff, I get little snacks delivered to me in a box”.

Far cheaper to go to scoop shop.
    How’s this for a crazy idea… maybe, just *maybe*, people find it more convenient to get it delivered to their work? And *maybe* it’s not about being cool?

There obviously is a fair amount of demand or they most likely would have gone under by now.

For that reason, I will offer the £100,000, however I do want 99% of the business.

EDIT: If you go via TopCashBack, you can actually be paid £1 to get a box delivered… at least you could last year anyway! 8)

batfink
    Free Member

..or they are all using the free boxes, then binning the trial.

yeah, my old office went nuts for this (arf) a couple of years ago. By virtue of the fact they are still around, they must be doing ok.

edit: beaten to it

Drac

How’s this for a crazy idea… maybe, just *maybe*, people find it more convenient to get it delivered to their work? And *maybe* it’s not about being cool?

How did they ever cope before hand in their busy busy lives.

bearnecessities

I guess it just depends how much disposable cashew have spare.

colournoise

I guess there are enough people like me who stick with them after the freebies for their currant business model to be raisin enough cash to keep them afloat.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Chapeau bearnecesites.

_tom_
    Free Member

I had them for a bit. They’re alright for convenience and some of the stuff is actually nice. The track and field one stirred/melted into porridge was amazing! I stopped getting them though as they were causing me to snack more than I’d like to.

munkster
    Free Member

Chapeau bearnecesites.

+1 🙂

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

I have two boxes delivered to home a week for three years …which I take to work. Yes I could buy some of the ingredients for cheaper but wouldn’t get the variety, it’s not just nuts.

I generally eat all day and it stops me eating crap. (I’m not fat either)

To get the range and variety of food I would have to spend a fortune on packs and store them. I also get to try slot of things I wouldn’t normally eat which adds to a varied diet.

Jamie
    Free Member

How did they ever cope before hand in their busy busy lives.

Cheer up, Drac. The sun is out.

Drac

I know and I can’t ride my bike and to add to insult a good friend is in the area. 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

If he is a good friend, he will understand.

…unless they are one of those pricks who use Graze.com. I mean, what the **** is up with that?!?!

Amirite, folks!

DezB
    Free Member

I’m dead funky and stuff, I get little snacks delivered to me in a box every Tuesday.
    I haven’t seen delicious flapjacks, chocolate brownies or banana cake in the scoop shop.
    I get a box delivered for my kid’s weekend sport too – hard to get him to eat healthy stuff, but the novelty of the graze box makes him happy to eat fruit and stuff for his energy kick. What a dead funky kid he must be.
    [edit]I’m a bit of a prick too 😛

dabble
    Free Member

not as good as mildabrasion.co.uk

Drac

I haven’t seen delicious flapjacks, chocolate brownies or banana cake in the scoop shop.

Try a local baker’s.

DezB
    Free Member

ps. Unfortunately I’m not dead funky enough to use an old fashioned razor though.

DezB
    Free Member

First it’s the scoop shop, now it’s the bakers. Make your mind up.

Drac

ps. Unfortunately I’m not dead funky enough to use an old fashioned razor though.

No matter how many boxed snacks you buy you’ll never get enough funk points to be as cool as those that do.

DezB
    Free Member

You go with whatever you think makes you cool when you’re looking in that mirror.

allthepies
    Free Member

Bird feed for the middle classes 😉

Drac

You go with whatever you think makes you cool when you’re looking in that mirror.

Well shaved nut box.

binners

Surely if its just nuts you’re after…..

Mts Binners works in the most cosmopolitan, metrosexual, right-on place in the world. A flat-bed truck pulls up every morning to deliver Graze boxes by the pallet-load

Haze

Nice, but I’d my desktop snack of choice is a tube of Pringles.

slowoldman

Lot’s of cool dudes in our office too. Looks nice stuff but I’m far too tight fisted.

yoshimi

I get them, have done for a couple of years. Agree that you could do something similar and cheaper but not massively so. When I threatened to quit, they dropped the price to £2.99 a box for life.

I think the main thing with them is the variety. Nice to open up the box and get a surprise. An afternoon teat that isn’t a bar of chocolate but costs similar to one. Love the ‘Hot Cross Yum’ at the moment.

If you want a break then its easy just to push back deliveries for a few weeks / months.

DezB
    Free Member

When I threatened to quit, they dropped the price to £2.99 a box for life.

How’d you get that? Over the phone?

Drac

An afternoon teat that isn’t a bar of chocolate but costs similar to one.

yoshimi

teat 🙂

Dez – I was cheeky, just emailed them. I said that one of my friends, whom I didn’t specify, was getting his cheaper than me (I’d heard about the £2.99 thing before)and I was unhappy so wanted to cancel my deliveries. Pretty much replied by return with the £2.99 offer.

DezB
    Free Member

*rubs hands* 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Graze.com’ is closed to new replies.