• This topic has 28 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by wors.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Gravity enduro series 2011…………..anyone?
  • ton

just been reading about the gravity enduro series thing.
    qite fancy a bit of that……..good excuse for a new bike.
    anyone done it, or something like it?

ahwiles
    Free Member

the Kielder enduro is/was ace – the best race format i’ve experienced*.

i’m very excited about a whole series! – i reckon my hemlock will be perfect…

(*cruise up the hills, have a rest, watch some racing, heckle your friends, have a snack, get in line, get nervous, ride at full tilt for 4 mins, repeat 6 times)

Filthy
    Free Member

Hoping to do a few rounds… Jekyll for me if they ever arrive

gingersquirrel

done the kona mash up – will definatly be doing these. Would also fancy the trans province if I can get in

Amos
    Free Member

Really looking forward to it, bought a Titus El Guapo for that very reason. To me it’s the perfect form of mountain bike racing just need to find friends in the Oxfordshire region to do it with!! (go racing with I mean :lol:)

Digger90
    Free Member

Where have you been reading about it?

Simon

There’s a Facebook group for it, the proper website doesn’t appear to be up and running yet.

I hope to do a couple of rounds, I’ve done Avalanche Enduros at AE and Keilder and really enjoyed them, great racing format and a lot of fun.

Simon

These are the dates and venues lifted from the Facebook page.

Round 1 UK Gravity enduro series
    Ae forest, Dumfries
    Saturday, May 7 at 9:00am

Round 2 UK Gravity Enduro
    Kielder TBC, Northumberland
    Saturday, June 11 at 9:30am

Round 3 Uk Gravity Enduro
    Innerleithen, Peebleshire, Scotland
    Friday, July 15 at 9:00am

Round 4 UK gravity Enduro series
    Shropshire, England,Venue TBC
    Saturday, August 6 at 9:00am

Round 5 UK Gravity Enduro series
    South Wales, Venue TBC
    Saturday, September 3 at 9:00am

ton

i saw it on facebook.
    think i might give a couple of those dates a punt.
    should be fun…………my kind of riding easy up and enjoy the down

nasher
    Free Member

They are very popular races here in Italy and France… a race for everyone full day and the timed parts are the fun parts…

Diane
    Free Member

Was hoping to do the Inners one but it’s the same time as Crankworx so we’ll have to see 🙂

gingersquirrel

amos , im from west oxfordshire . me and a few local friends will be doing it – your more than welcome, racing that is 🙂

brownix
    Free Member

It looks really fun, wouldn’t mind giving it ago. And i’ll be driving then, perfect 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

There’s a group of us hoping to do all these and really looking forward to them. Loved Kielder last year – great format.

Amos
    Free Member

Cheers gingersquirrel! Email is profile would live to tag along

Parr
    Free Member

I’m 1 of the organisers of the Gravity Enduro, have just seen on here some of you are looking for lift share’s etc….. If you need anything posting on the facebook page let me know, hopefully we can hook you up a lift or whatever else you need.

The website is under construction as we speak, should go online towards end December, entries will be online as well

Cheers
    Steve

mrplow
    Free Member

Steve,

Are you linked to the enduro event at Inners in January?

Parr
    Free Member

I’m not linked directley to the event at Inners, but the route they run then will be very similar to our planned route 😉

Rockplough
    Free Member

Looking forward to this. Me and a mate will hopefully be doing the Scottish rounds.

mrplow
    Free Member

Cheers Steve – you read between the lines perfectly! lol :mrgreen:

wors

What are the courses like? Do able on a ht?

ton

been into evans in leeds today, to look at a bike similar to what will be my weapon of choice………….. 8)

ash

Would also fancy the trans province if I can get in

ProvEnce 😉

wors

What bike ton?

Parr
    Free Member

Mr Plow – Thought you would appreciate it.

Wors – The stages/venues are based mainly at trail centres, so if you can ride the trails there, then yes you will be ok on a hardtail, but and it is a big but 🙂 some of the sections will be specific to the Enduro ie – running sections the wrong way or natural singletrack sections.

we have tested different stages at different venues with a good cross section of riders, most have come back with a grin bigger than a cheshire cat, some have not.
    What I’m trying to say is, You won’t know until you try it for yourself, even better join the facebook group and hook up with us for 1 of the testing days

mandog

That looks fun. I’ve stuck the dates in the diary and subscribed to the page.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I really need to sign up to a couple of these races. sounds like my perfect race. haven’t fancied the kona mash-up what with timing issues…
    will try to get along to one of the test days.

ton

wors……….remedy 8 i think mate.
    been to look at a couple…very nice.

wors

I fancy having a bash at a couple of these, sounds good. Will sign up to the facebook page.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Gravity enduro series 2011…………..anyone?’ is closed to new replies.