Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Gravity Enduro
  • supercyril
    Free Member

Never done anything like this before so before i drop £60 on entering can someone tell me what it like?
    Will i be standing around all day following the link sections and waiting for my timed run?
    How long does the event take?
    Will i need a picnic?
    Im serious i have no idea what to expect. I only a few miles away i had planned to go and see last year event but never made it.

Thanks

Northwind

There’s some good info on Southerndownhill, they seem to be using that and their facebook site for most of the info, the event website’s not great.

http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php?board=93.0

It should be a good event, I’m going to be struggling to get to more than one or two legs though, because of the 2-day format.

If you want enduro-stuff you should also check out the Innerleithen Racing event on the May bank holiday, they ran a one-day event at the start of the year which was as good as it gets IMO, awesome course. Not to be rude about the 661 event but looking at the route they’ve got planned for Ae, I don’t think it compares. But there’s definately room for both, and more.

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s the best event format i’ve ever raced in.

it’s based on a lap of a trail centre, but with a few differences – riding sections backwards, new sections, that kind of thing.

5 or 6 ‘special’ stages will be timed – each one lasting around 4 or 5 minutes.

You will have enough time between the special stages to have a rest (you will need it), fix a simple mechanical problem, ride to the next stage, have a snack, watch some racing, and get yourself ready for your next run.

yes, you will need to take some food or something – or you won’t have much left in your legs after about the 3rd stage.

if i had to guess, i would suggest that you’ll be starting 1 special stage every 45mins… or thereabouts.

so about 4 or 5ish hours from start to finish.

Northwind

The only problem with the enduro format is that once you’ve done it, it’s pretty impossible to motivate yourself to do any lesser racing 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Enduro’ is closed to new replies.