Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gravity Dropper won't stay up (again).
  • tomhughes46

My gravity dropper won’t stay in the ‘up’ position. Engages fine in the ‘one inch down’ and ‘all the way down’ positions.

Changed the cable last week, but this hasn’t helped.

The ‘Inside Tube’ is quite worn, could this have any impact on it? The locking collar under the gaiter is screwed down tight.

Any guesses?

seavers
    Free Member

There is some info and possible solutions on their website.

http://gravitydropper.com/post-wont-engage-in-up-position/

kimbers

probably is the inner tube, could maybe try roundingout the holes on it with a file?

skyline cycles are the uk service centre and GD USA are very helpful

spooky_b329

From memory, I don’t think the locking collar should be tightened down. Unscrew it until the post stays up, then a dab of threadlock to hold it.

tomhughes46

DOH! I’m an idiot.

Thanks all.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

What spooky says.

The locking collar controls how far up the post can go (and stops it popping all the way out) so you need to unwind it a bit at a time until the pin clicks in and holds the post up.

duir
    Free Member

The locking collar under the gaiter is screwed down tight.

Screw it down all the way then loosen off half a turn at a time until it allows it to lock in the up position. That way you get the absolute minimum vertical play in the seatpost. The collar isn’t designed to be tight and oddly with a little grease on the threads it stays put and is water resistant.

If that doesn’t work check seatpost collar isn’t too tight and internal bushings/tube are clean and greased. Finally a few turns on the nut in the base of the main seatpost to tension the spring but don’t over do that or it gets horribly jammed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Dropper won't stay up (again).’ is closed to new replies.