Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gravity Dropper Turbo screw removal
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

basically had a GD dropper from brand new about 3 months ago, was giving it a bit of a lube inside, and decided id finally get around to shortening the cable/hose…..

undid the top screw that connects the cable to the seat post (http://gravitydropper.com/products/turbo-parts/ ) item number 334 (the two screws) and came to undo the bottom one of the two, and its bloody tight, used a little screwdriver flat head to no avail, then used a slightly bigger one to get a better grip and low and behold the head ko’d on it 🙁

now the screw is firmly in and the head is knackered, without removing this screw i shall not be able to remove the cable ever, so its fine until it needs doing but then im buggered!

pretty annoyed as ive not touched this since owning brand new, top screw came out easy peasy, bottom obviously lodged in 🙁

pretty gutting, is the a way of getting this out? its a tiny screw which doesnt help matters at all

£240 down the pan?????

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone pleeeeeeeshhhhhh?

RustyMac

Warranty return???

Otherwise do you think you could drill the head off the bolt to remove part 332 and part 412, you would then be left with the stub of the bolt in the seat tube but some of the pressure would be off it. It then may be possible to grab the stub of the bolt with some mole grips to twist it out.

If it is only 3 months old and you have a warranty on it, it would be best to return it encase you damage it in trying to free the bolt.

carbon337
    Free Member

or dremmel a small grove into head for a flat head scew driver.

But try ringing them or email for warranty return – they can only say no.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers for the thoughts – i tried hammering a new grove into it last night, but didnt seem to help – the screw is tiny and the head on it is really small and not that thick……

will see about the dremmel thing, see if i can drill the grove a bit deeper!

warranty should be alright – problem being a) i dont wanna really post back to the usa – and secondly i dont even have a spare seatpost 🙁

and thirdly as its a screw they may say its my own fault etc even though ive not touched it since new 🙁 had no need too, of course they may believe me or may not…

fbk
    Free Member

I know it’s a hassle but the customer service from GD is legendary. Surely you’re best sending it back to them before attacking it with drills etc?? Got to be worth an email at least.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeah ill give them an email see what they say – hopefully be able to help out somehow….cheers guys appreciated!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Dropper Turbo screw removal’ is closed to new replies.