Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gravity Dropper switch clamp made out of cheese!
  • jekkyl

Broke the clamp on my gravity dropper while fitting the switch to the bars, just screwing it in and the plastic clamp came apart, absolute rubbish. Why isn’t it made out of metal?
    Any alternatives?

Edit: there are none to be had in the UK so postage from the states is a fortune:
    USPS Priority Mail International $51.00
    USPS Express Mail International $60.50
    USPS First-Class Mail International $14.20

Granted the minimum is just 9 quid, but that’ll take over a week to get here. Bahhhhhhh

jekkyl

for anyone who picks this thread up in the future, it appears you can use a ‘Hope Tech Master Cylinder Clamp’

£8 HERE

Simon

I’ve got 2 Gravity Droppers and had the remote levers on and of a few times and never had a problem with the clamp, I think you’ve been unlucky.

kimbers

i broke one and used the clamp from an old hope mini instead

Northwind

The band’s sacrificial- it’s supposed to snap in a crash to save the lever etc. But it’s not that delicate. If you want tough then the Hope above or I think I bodged a mate’s one with the same part off an old formula- if you’ve got any dead brakes it’s worth checking.

jekkyl

thanks Northy, yes I have got some old brakes, just checked them and the clamp fits perfectly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Dropper switch clamp made out of cheese!’ is closed to new replies.