Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gravity dropper problem
  • CheesybeanZ

the bonding on the outside tube which holds the pin release has come away.
    I’m sure i saw a thread about sending it off for repair but can’t remember if Hotlines or Gravity dropper USA was the best place send it ?

kimbers
    missnotax
    Free Member

I sent mine back to the well-known online retailer I bought it from (albeit about a year earlier) when this happened and they refunded it in full 🙂

CheesybeanZ

Kimbers , thanks for that. jbweld on ebay for under a fiver .

missnotax , mines over 2 years old so no chance there .

shinsplints

:-)Give it to singlespeedstewart to fix ennit

missnotax
    Free Member

missnotax , mines over 2 years old so no chance there .

Mine were about 18 months old, used at least once a week and in the Alps twice. They still refunded them….

CheesybeanZ

unfortunately Wheelies Direct who supplied mine thought 30 months was outside their goodwill range [so would i to be honest]
    so SSS and jbweld it is 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

Just watch the pin alignment or it won’t release properly and reinforce with a couple of cable ties.

johnhe

I emailed gravity dropper and they offered to fix it free of charge. Shipping was quite cheap. I took advantage of the rebuild and service offer for $18 while I was at it.

Matt_SS_xc

mine is fixed on with araldite and cable ties….been good for last 18months ish…

CheesybeanZ

i’ve e-mailed them after talking to Hotlines , they tried to sell me a new outside tube for £130.00 .

Matt_ss_xc i’m still using it with cable ties holding together 🙂

CheesybeanZ

30 minutes later . return e-mail saying it’s still covered under their warranty and for $18.00 they’ll service it as well 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gravity dropper problem’ is closed to new replies.