Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ‘Gravity Dropper’ – how much travel?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

I’m looking at trying one (or similar telescopic seatpost) and was wondering what others have as their travel amount?

2″, 3″, 4″, 1 & 3, 1 & 4″?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Also, have you all seen this super good looking ‘dropper’ seatpost?

juan
    Free Member

I Am soooo glad I do not have a credit card in France. i have just saved 199€

Filthy
    Free Member
    bonesetter
    Free Member

Wow Filthy, £275 is the most expensive one I’ve seen, and the heaviest at 635 grms, second only to the Sette at 650…

Like the neat looking cable exit.

Keep us posted (soz) as to how it goes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

3 or 4 inch is fine IMHO I could not fit 9 ” of seat post to my bike anyway and seems excessive. TBH I can get behind the seat with it at full height it is just nicer with the seat lowered. Like with many things on bikes 3″ travel now becoimg 6″ on a FS etc the numbers just get bigger but I do not think it will add anything. I certainly dont need mine to drop lower.
    I have a Maverick and a GD and infinetley adjustable is preferable for singletrack sections. remote better than manual (especially if racing if out with mates you are just stood waiting whilst they drop their manually anyway.

Filthy
    Free Member

The rase post performed brilliantly round the peaks yesterday, did evrything it was supposed to do. Admittedly I didn’t need the full drop as I didn’t do anything too extreme but my local trails have some vertical sections where I need it right down to get the weight over the back wheel. Think mine only drops about 7 or 8″ as you set it to maximun height for the rider and there is the issue with bottle bosses on some frames but there is none fitted to the seat tube of my rush so no problems there for me.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Not having tried one before I wasn’t seeing the benefits of multi/infinite adjustment, thinking its main job was just dropping the saddle out of the way.

My fixed height post is set high for max efficiency, so on the steeps I can’t be as loose over the bike and can’t flex my knees as much as I should

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘‘Gravity Dropper’ – how much travel?’ is closed to new replies.