Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gravity dropper help please.
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

So I have changed the cable, the shims and the plastic bush, but it wont stay in the uppermost position. I have adjusted the top cap to the point where it wont lock down and everywhere inbetween, any ideas?

chiefgrooveguru

If it isn’t staying up then it probably isn’t rising high enough to let the pin click into place, so that’s normally a case of loosening the top cap…

roverpig

Remove the inner post completely and make sure that the pin is springing out when you release the remote lever. My guess (if you’ve tried adjusting the top cap) would be the little spring loaded mechanism that pushes the pin out. It’s quite easy to put this back together the wrong way, so that it doesn’t work.

goby

Just to confiem it goes into the highest postion, its just the pin comes out and it drops to next hole?

roverpig

It does sound as though the little spring isn’t holding the pin in place then.

Bagstard
    Free Member

It will go into the highest position, but when you put pressure on the saddle it drops a position.

iffoverload
    Free Member

have you checked the pin will fit all the way into hole in the post OK? no damage or anything blocking the hole

kimbers

yeah sometimes the hole gets a bit worn and you may have to file out an burs with a rounded file

it sounds more like a spring preload problem to me, twist that dial!

Bagstard
    Free Member

I will check for obstructions when I get home, but think roverpig may be on the right track.

Kimbers, I have repeatedly tried twisting the dial, but whatever I try it doesn’t work.

Thanks for all the input.

Northwind

How much grease did you add? I once enthusiastically overgreased mine to the point the pin couldn’t engage right 😳

alexpalacefan

Yep, had trouble with too much grease in mine too.

APF

Bagstard
    Free Member

Don’t think I was particularly overzealous, but will check that too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gravity dropper help please.’ is closed to new replies.