Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • gravity dropper help!
  • bonj
    Free Member

ordered a gravity dropper with remote from CRC and it came the other day.
    Just fitted it to the bike, put the remote on the bars and secured the cable.
    Was just 'practising' a few times, and it was great. Liked the action.
    Got it in the down position, undid the seat clamp to set it in the right position for descending, tightened it up again, pressed the remote, arse down on it – nothing. Won't come up now – it's stuck in the down position.
    Bugger! I really had high hopes for it.
    I took the 'lid' off and the cable is definitely pulling the magnetic thing down ok, so it's not the cable. Could it be that it isn't pulling it down enough? Can you tighten the cable?
    Have lost a lot of confidence in it now which i really want it to win back.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

undo the collar at the top of the post an 8th of a turn

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

cut out crc and call these guys http://www.ridinghighuk.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 they bring the posts into the uk and they are very helpful. i have the post without the remote and its been amazing. it will be something simple im sure. joe x

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Was the cable secured when you moved the post up/down?
    Could you have put some tension into it that is as if you are pulling it constantly?
    (just in case it isn't obvious, I haven't got one, am just wildly guessing) 🙂

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Anything here of use? tech support

markgraylish
    Free Member

wot rob says

bonj
    Free Member

can you loosen the collar when it's in the down position though?

bonj
    Free Member

as in: it's stuck in the down position and i can't make it go up at all, rather than it *sometimes* gets stuck in the down position but i can make it go up eventually

druidh
    Free Member

It's really NOT rocket science.

IS the lever pulling enough cable (i.e. can you here the magnet withdrawing the retaining pin?) If not, you'll need to shorten the inner slightly by removing the top cover from the lever assembly and pulling more cable through.

If it is clicking and not releasing then lift up the bottom of the rubber boot and undo the collar by 1/8th of a turn. Repeat as necessary until is works.

singlespeedstu

Try slacking your seat clamp off first.

bonj
    Free Member

i can hear a clicking noise coming from the magnet area, but i'm not sure whether it's just the magnet moving down, or the magnet moving down AND the pin moving towards it. if that makes sense?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘gravity dropper help!’ is closed to new replies.