Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gravity Dropper 27.2mm
  • mucker

I’ve been rediscovering the fun to be had riding a 26″ hardtail.
    I would like to put a dropper post on it but the seatube ID is 27.2mm.
    Gravity Dropper used to be the go to solution, is this still the case or are any of the new crew, KS eTen etc. worth a go.

jairaj

If you’re after something cheap and cheerful I can highly recommend the RSP plummet. Its a bit clunky in action but its been bombproof and does what it says on the tin. Push the button sit on the saddle and it goes down. push the button again unweight the saddle and it pops back up. The rubber gaiter broke after about 8 months and it happily carried on working even when covered in mud and grit.

jairaj

double post

martinhutch

Depends on your budget. KS etc will be better, but not necessarily more reliable. My RSP imploded after a few months. Currently on my second Thomson, which is also about to fail after about three months riding.

GD is probably the most bombproof of the lot, from what I’ve heard.

ajantom

GD or X-fusion Hi-Lo. I’ve had both on various bikes for 4+ years (and the GD was secondhand!) with no issues.

Had to rebuild the GD with new bushings once, but that’s easy. The X-Fusion just seems to keep on going! It developed a little play early on, but has never got worse. It will get squeaky and not want to go down in really wet weather, but I keep a little rag and a tiny pot of grease in my bag for that. A wipe and a lick of grease and it’s back to normal.

prawny

I’ve been running a 31.6 eten for 2 years, new bike needed a 30.9 and I was going to get a reverb but my stumpy legs would have limited me to 100mm drop so I got another eten, great things, no bother at all.

Paid £92 from bike discount, expected an exaform one but it’s exactly the same as the one I got from Stif last time. I’ve put an old shimano road shifter barrel adjuster on this one, made set up a piece of cake.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

disagree with jairaj. I’m pretty light on equipment, but my rsp plummet barely lasted 6 months. Badly made rubbish, the section that holds the bushing stretched and it had huge amounts of play because of it.

I would understand if i was a larger person, but I’m a skinny light student, not someone who breaks things.

rockhopperbike

Had a gd 27.2 on my hardtail fora couple of years, then gave it a clean and put it on my new bike, been absolutely no problems. I’m 90 kg kitted up audit been fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Dropper 27.2mm’ is closed to new replies.