Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gravitate Cycles – Newcastle
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Closing down, according to farcebook…

**ANNOUNCEMENT** After 2 and a half years on forth street in Newcastle we would like to announce that in November we will be closing the doors of Gravitate Cycles as we know it.
    After a lot of careful thought, we have taken the decision to call time on what has been a fantastic journey, allowing Gravitate Cycles, Mark and Myself to pursue other opportunities within the industry.
    Don’t worry though, we will be available to keep your bikes and suspension running sweet now and into the future, more announcements to come soon watch this space and Instagram for details……
    In the meantime we would like to thank all our friends and customers for their help, support and custom as well as let you know that we have a huge clearance sale on as well as discounts on suspension servicing and bicycle servicing all available in store. Plus huge discounts on special orders like fox forks, shocks and new bikes.
    Thank’s
    Chris & Mark

thenorthwind

Wow 😯

8 years I’ve been living in Newcastle and riding bikes of almost every description. Thought I knew every cycle path, back street and bike shop in town (and out). But I’ve never heard of this.

Wonder if lack of marketing is part of the reason behind this?

lemonysam
    Free Member

That’s a shame. Not the first business to not last long in those units – I’d guess not that many local riders even knew they were there. I didn’t often have cause to use them and when I did it always seemed like Start or EBC or CycleArt were more convenient.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Small shop with some very bling bikes in there, great if you ride Enduro TM. Not particularly helpful if you don’t. Maybe they foresee the Enduro TM bubble bursting?

northshoreniall

I did find their shutting mid summer to go play in alps bit of an odd business decision at the time, maybe been coming for a while? Seemed a very niche store when been in, as say good if your an enduroist but limited scope.

teethgrinder

Sad to hear, and hope it goes well whatever they do next.

Aside from that, what happens to warranties on frames/bikes etc?

STATO
    Free Member

There is a shop Cyclefix in Birtley that just opened/moved that will cater for the endure crowd, but amazed Gravitate lasted as long as they did. Didn’t seem to stock anything of use.

legend
    Free Member

northshoreniall – Member

I did find their shutting mid summer to go play in alps bit of an odd business decision at the time

That plus (sounding like) they only deal with high-end stuff makes it sound like it was just a play thing for the owner.

robsoctane
    Free Member

What a crap place to put a shop – I didn’t know it was there even though I walk past it on a Saturday night (piss*d) on my way to the arena… damn shame.

robsoctane
    Free Member

STATO – Member
    There is a shop Cyclefix in Birtley that just opened/moved that will cater for the endure crowd

yep – he’s a good guy alright. Worth a shot if you live nearish.

Pukeko
    Free Member

Yep, small shop. Shame tho.
    I thought they supported the local scene pretty good – NDH events and Descend Hams.

iamtheresurrection

Really nice lads who I wish all the best. I’ll pop in tomorrow with cake (leaving the credit card at home).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gravitate Cycles – Newcastle’ is closed to new replies.