Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gravel grinding in Tenerife
  • bedmaker

I’m off to Tenerife on Friday and the weather appears to be pleasant rather than the crazy scorchio I’d assumed it would be in July.

Any recommendations for easy MTB routes from Los Cristianos on the south coast?

I know of Lavatrax and the guided stuff, looks good but the cost builds up. I’m happy enough to hire a basic bike cheaply from one of the local places (there appears to be several close by) and following my nose towards the hills.

trout
    Free Member

Coincidence we are also heading for Tenerife on Friday John
    I have booked a bike from bike point in los Americas
    Getting a bus in from los gig antes and riding back on sat.
    But no idea on routes sadly

bedmaker

Nice one troutie, maybe see you there!

Evening bump – will get some googling done but recommendations off here very welcome.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

All you need to do is follow the coast with the sea to your right, there is a path near enough all the way to El Medano, you will go through a golf course etc and may have to do a bit of fanning around to keep linking paths but its alright. You can get a Gua Gua (bus) back home if you want or ride back.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

edit, their will be a bit of on road stuff but it OK and you can always see the sea.

downhilldave

Rember guys, brakes the wrong way round 😉

bedmaker

cheers guys, finding some good stuff on the Bikepoint shop website, Strava and Google earth 🙂

phiiiiil

Get the bus or a lift up to Las Lajas on the main road up the mountain; take one of several routes back down. From 2300m down to sea level, it’s awesome! There is lots of choice from mental, really long rocky descents to swoopy fireroads.

bhill22
    Free Member

Friday Tenerife – Me too, again using bikepoint but all road work, was there in March, great time so back for some more.

haggis1978

Just back from Tenerife last night. Do you own a Garmin edge 800 or are you any good with maps or Strava? If so i can forward you on some routes? You need to set off from up Teide though. We chucked our bikes on the bus each morning. It leaves from stance 7 at 9.30am in the Los Cristianos bus station and costs 7euro60 cents. Takes over an hour to get up to the cafe where the bus stops for 10mins allowing you to jump off if you choose one of the routes near there. There could be other bikes there in the morning as well so be prepared to get the wheels off. Some of the routes are pretty technical and i wouldnt recommend them without getting all the pads on. You fall off up there and you’ll know about it. Was 38degrees there the other day and absolutely cooking up Teide despite what the bbc weather said. My email is in my profile if youre interested in these routes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gravel grinding in Tenerife’ is closed to new replies.