• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gravel / CX disc frameset – what should i be looking at?
  • theotherjonv

I have also posted a WTD ad for this on the other forum, on the offchance – finger hovering over a Kinesis which i can get for just under £400 using a discount code I’ve been saving, but that’s a bit more than I was really looking to pay.

Anyone got any opinions of others to look at, or as per wtd anything to offer (54cm)?

Must be disc, ideally with a proper BB not pushfit, otherwise pretty flexible.

slowjo
    Free Member

I had a Kinesis t5 Disc a while back. Had issues with 40c tyres rubbing the chainstay (one side only) so sent it back and had a sort of warranty deal on it.

The biggest PITA was the cable routing along the top tube. Every ride it took skin off the inside of my leg and it was always red and raw. It (the replacement)had to go so I didn’t build it up.

Otherwise it was a blast to ride. Replaced it with a Bokeh – chalk and cheese. The Bokeh is so much better but hits a different price point.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

bolt-thru axles and flat mount calipers. The new ‘road’ standards, Q/R and post mount bikes and frames are already getting discounted because in 5 years time you won’t be able to buy factory wheelsets or new brakesets/calipers.

And that’s writing as someone with 3 Q/R+post mount disc bikes.

theotherjonv

true, but I have running kit to transplant over that isn’t to the new standards, so i really need a frameset with current std features. If I was buying from scratch I’d definitely be looking at least for a both through front.

scud
    Free Member

Hard to overlook the Sonder Camino in either alu or ti at the moment as good value and runs old school standards, ie quick release and threaded BB.

drlex
    Free Member

Hey, Slowjo – how’re you doing with your Bokeh? Just ordered one to build up, and looking for tips/pointers. Ta!

IHN

I’ve been looking at the Ribble CGR, but like the look of the Camino

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gravel / CX disc frameset – what should i be looking at?’ is closed to new replies.