• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ski.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Grass /Lawns/ Battle of the Somme
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

I have what could laughingly be called a lawn. I also have 2 boys and two large dogs. Currently my “lawn” looks like a well used football pitch at the local park, large patches of mud with patches of grass in between.

It’s going to need re-seeding however whenever I’ve tied they just haven’t taken or have grown for a month or two then died back. I’ve been careful to rake out all the thatch, mixed the seed with sand and soil before seeding and kept the dogs and kids off for as long as possible. Can anyone recommend some kind of uber grass that will stand some abuse and has exceptionally good and fast coverage? Any other top tips for keeping it healthy would be welcome.

Ta.

wwaswas

http://www.artificiallawn.co.uk/default.aspx

(seriously – if it’s high traffic year round on a small lawn then it’s either this stuff or pave it.)

oldnpastit

Triffids.

ski
    Free Member

Is it shaded? What soil type and does it drain well?

If its well used, then just enjoy it, feed it often and don’t cut it too short

If you are looking for a beautiful lawn they take time and effort to keep on top of.

Last tip if you have a neighbour with a good looking lawn pop round with a bottle and ask them what they do? 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Grass /Lawns/ Battle of the Somme’ is closed to new replies.