Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Grasby Quarry MTB Tracks North Lincolnshire
  • johnski15
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened for sure up at Grasby Quarry…

I’m assuming that the venture didn’t work out as a business… I went up with a group of pals for a visit, the owner (or manager) kindly left us a key to the quarry when I contacted him via facebook (which the page seems to have been taken down) to have a ride around…

It was the only time we visited as it was pretty short in length and not really what we wanted to travel for an hour to ride… basically my 6 year old would have thought it was too easy to ride…

Anyway, just curious…

Cheers, John

ji
    Free Member

We went when it first opened, and thought that the business plan was a bit poor. Sad really ‘cos living locally the riding is a bit hit and miss (lots of road to join up the good bits). The actual track was OK, but really short – got bored after 10 or so laps.

johnski15
    Free Member

Yeah…I live in Doncaster and we made a special trip to ride it instead of a loop at our local(ish) track Sherwood Pines… The Pines is tame, but we felt proper cheated in making the journey; we were literally bored in 10 mins…

Not really a business as you can ride all the trail centres for free i.e Cannock, Gisburn, Glentress and so on.

What has happened to it now? Just closed and disued? Would make a good BMX track or Petrol/Nitro/Lipo Radio Controlled Car racing spot…

Defo not MTB’ing

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scunny
    Free Member

Used to be a BMX track in the 70’s.

I live a few miles away, only went once, did one lap and put my bike back in the car. I don’t know the owners but i’d struggle to believe they are riders. It had the potential to be quite good fun, nothing crazy but there could have been some trails, a pump track and a half interesting loop.

Ah well, it’s not missed.

johnski15
    Free Member

You’re right not missed… But was curious what happened to the place… Its got BMX written all over it

benji
    Free Member

With a bit more work it could have been ok, but it lacked space.

shifter
    Free Member

I went to the open day, didn’t think it was ever going to be a business, could still make a good jump spot though.

johnski15
    Free Member

Definitely never going to be a business… £25 membership was £26 optimistic…Shame… MTB’ing is the best sport out there!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Grasby Quarry MTB Tracks North Lincolnshire’ is closed to new replies.