Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Grasby Quarry MTB Tracks, North Lincolnshire
  • grasbyquarrymtb
    Free Member

OPEN WEEKEND: 23rd AND 24th MARCH

We are having an open weekend on the 23rd and 24th March for everyone to come along and test out the newly constructed tracks.

There is approximately 4 miles of track, which includes time trial tracks and slower technical areas for all abilities. The terrain surface consist of a slightly compacted stone finish with obstacles such as jumps and tunnels throughout over a level difference of up to 12m.

There will be activities and time trials throughout the weekend for all abilities.

A burger van and tea and coffee will be available on site so spread the word and come along between 10am and 3pm on either or both days.

Grasby Quarry MTB
    Grasby Wold Lane (Opposite The Cross Keys Pub)
    Grasby
    North Lincolnshire
    DN38 6AQ

Look forward to seeing you all!!

Photos to follow early next week.

crispo
    Free Member

Is it open all the time or just that weekend?

Parents live over near Brigg so might bring my bike over with me and give it a crack next time I am visiting them!

shifter
    Free Member

Grasby eh? Count me in!

grasbyquarrymtb
    Free Member

That weekend is the open weekend, then will be open every weekend shortly after that.

rick1001
    Free Member

Is it just weekends or will it be open mid week as well?

sideshowdave
    Free Member

Cool, I’ll have a ride up Sunday morning 🙂

grasbyquarrymtb
    Free Member

OPEN DAY POSTPONED UNTIL SUNDAY 7TH APRIL

Due to the extreme weather conditions we are having, the open day is unfortunately postponed until Sunday 7th April, 10am – 3pm.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but we look forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks.

shifter
    Free Member

Oh aye – just remembered this. As I’m now going to watch the Mighty Mariners at Wembley I couldn’t make it 😐
    April 7th is good mind.

acehtn
    Free Member

All looks like pure win.

Googled the post code and seen ariel shots of the quarry 🙂

Now plotting a route to ride in across the fields. Ride in, play about, nip to pub, bit more gentle playing about, ride home 🙂

About at the moment, shame about our spring weather, unlikely i will be around on the new date….. i expect full reports from those that make it (and check the pub too) will pootle over when something close to summer appears 🙂

Any other information available ? was unaware this was being built, curious about a few things, is it a closed park set up ? or like an FC trail center set up. And riding times, weekends/weekdays, costs, parking.
    Might just drive over and have a look anyway 🙂 (no bike, just checking where it is)

shifter
    Free Member

That was a fun couple of hours in the sunshine.

acehtn
    Free Member

Audi’s in carpark. Check
    Orange 5’s. Check
    On-ones a plenty Check
    29ers Check

🙂

Being serious though, wide range of bikes from DH rigs to brakeless BMX being ragged round the quarry. Sunny and dusty.

Still a work in progress and the builders where keen to hear feedback from riders, some work still to do, the cross junction tunnel still to be installed, some corners to be bermed. Talk of ongoing track refreshment, so every now and then things will be added and altered.

Talk of possible short track time trial eventing/racing in the future.
    Should be running along the lines of membership/club rather than an open trail center.
    Today was an open day to gauge riders response and feedback, i think it went down very well.
    Facebook page should be up and running in a week’ish, they said to search for “Grasby MTB Club” i took some photo’s and will forward them on so they can use them if they wish on FB

Fair bit of space to add extra lines and skills area, might even make me fitter 🙂
    Best find some xc tyres and wheels for the KM now, tempted to have a stab at a time trial.
    Looking forward to it opening properly.

ji
    Free Member

Pics up on Louth Area Mountain Bikes site http://louth-area-mountain-bikers.3659166.n2.nabble.com/Grasby-Quarry-MTB-Tracks-tp7579420.html.

Hopefully some video to follow!

grasbyquarrymtb
    Free Member

Thanks again to everyone that came to our open day yesterday, it was a great success!! All your feedback was appreciated and we will be making the suggested changes to the tracks very soon. Like us on facebook so we can keep you posted as to opening dates and upcoming events.

http://www.facebook.com/grasbyquarrymtb

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Grasby Quarry MTB Tracks, North Lincolnshire’ is closed to new replies.