Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Graphic Design People, any (free) resoucres for graphics?
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

I think there’s a few of you on here, so looking for some advice / pointers. Have a job interview next month and have to do a presentation that’s not using powerpoint , or a computer at all. It’s only a 5 minute thing so relatively quick.

I do, however want to have a visual display of something like a poster, similar to this map of the UK reaching out into Europe with 3 wide arrows firing out. Within the arrows, my key bullet points for the presentation will be displayed.

I want to knock it up on the computer then have it printed out so I can use it in my presentation. Struggling to find some software that has a UK / Europe outline that I can use free and some big chunky arrows I can add my own text into. Any ideas?

Similar to this in the linky. http://www.channelweb.co.uk/crn-uk/feature/2262601/twos-company-even-in-europe

crikey
    Free Member

Graphic design folk are like Hitler with crayons, good luck…

jimjam
    Free Member

You mean like this?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

SEARCH FREE VECTOR MAPS UK

tails
    Free Member

Dads army map 😆

cheers_drive

Tails beat me to it 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

For tails and cheers_drive.

CraigW
    Free Member

Plenty of maps on Wikimedia Commons, under various free licences. Note some licences may require appropriate credit for the author.
    Some stuff in vector format, eg: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:SVG_maps_of_Europe

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Thanks folks . The D-map site seems handy. Thanks.

Dads army style map is good, but would need to loose the swatstickas…. Can’t Imagine them going down too well… 😯

matt_outandabout

I regularly do presentations with ‘washing lines’ of info or pics, or make giant jigsaw pieces for participants around into place.

leffeboy

If you get really stuck you can download QGIS and do it in that but you may end ul shooting yourself. If you do it is worth running through the tutorials as it is impossible to use by guessing

gregsd
    Free Member

What you want is a cartographer not a graphic designer 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

Here you go OP. No need to thank me, I live to help others.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Jimjam… Thanks, I’ll use that. Job is yours! 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Graphic Design People, any (free) resoucres for graphics?’ is closed to new replies.