Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Granulated/Crumbed rubber paint?!
  • spooky_b329

I've got a horsebox that needs the ramp recovering…currently covered in thin ribbed rubber with ally strips to prevent the horse skidding down it.

My options seem to be limited to paying £80-100 for some purpose made thick heavy duty rubber with raised ridges moulded into it that would replace the ally strips, but it will add around 80-100kg to the ramps weight and then I won't be able to lift it! The ramp is perfectly balanced at the moment…

Someone has said they used granulated rubber paint on theirs…just slap it on and it gives a rubberised stippled finish. I can't find details anywhere. The closest I've come is a boating forum where people are talking about something similar that they can paint onto decks as a non-slip surface. There was even mention of mixing raw crumbed rubber into an existing paint, but I wouldn't know where to start…

Can anyone help me out?!

Free Member

Put sand in the paint and roller it on!

spooky_b329

Thanks Tazzy…replace Granulated with Granular I'm sorted 🙂

Shows it painted on a tail lift so looks like it will be able to cope with a horse stamping all over it 🙂

vdubber67
    Free Member

You can buy rubberised paint. We made it where I used to work. Essentially it's rubber dissolved in solvents with paint added. We used to sell it as a protective coating for the aerospace industry (ie it's expensive and not readily available)

You can buy non slip type paint for metal fire escapes too. Joking aside it is a bit like sand mixed with paint. Only really prevents against slipping in the wet though.

Rubber boots for the horse?

😉

vdubber67
    Free Member

lol…slow typing from me there

scaredypants

car mats screwed down ?

I bet Aldidl/wilkos do em

takisawa2

I knew I should have followed up my Rubber Horse Shoe idea.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Granulated/Crumbed rubber paint?!’ is closed to new replies.