Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Grand Traversees Du Jura
  • carbonfiend
    Free Member

Off to the Jura mountains this week family hols & just searching routes road & trails & stumbled across this. The start is very close to where I am staying so anybody done it know owt about it ?
    Cheers

Andy_K

No, but lovely area. interested!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lovely area. Have done a few descents from St Cergue down to the lake and also down from Col du Jamman/Roche du Naye above Montreux. Both uplift via train. Lovely views of lake from both esp Jamman/Naye. Uplift at Metabief on French side

Not sure where you are staying, we have a “back way” accross to Lausane when we are heading towards Verbier, smaller roads and avoids a lotbof traffic on the Brecason/Pontparleir route.

Download SwissMobility app and also have a browse on the web site switch on walking and vtt routes (ime these tend to be very xc). For French side maps at geoportal.gouv.fr utawagavtt.com vttfrance.com

Mushrooms, Vin Jaune and Comte obviuosly

kayak23

Nothing to add except was in the Jura last week. Lush.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Sorry for late reply chaos got tied up with work, thnx for that we are staying at a site in Bonnal Rougement but I have my van so can drive to any start point etc.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Camping Val du Bonal, north of the A36 ? That’s an hours drive to Jura really. Crudely the Western (Geneva) end has the higher mountains, centre / east is a bit more rolling countryside. Have a look on utawagavtt.com tou can zoom on on areas using the map and take a look at rides and download gpx with a free to register account

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Grand Traversees Du Jura’ is closed to new replies.