Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Grand Tour Caravan Goodies Show and Tell
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

Went to the finish of the Vuelta yesterday and got to thinking what where the best and worst things you’ve had thrown at you whilst stood minding your own business at a cycle race. Last year at the Tour we were standing just past a small group of vociferous tat hunters so got bombarded with all manner of crap. We filled a rucksack simply to avoid it littering the roadside. We got inflatable pillows, sticky phone holders, keyrings, hats and caps, sun blinds, crayons and shopping bags. The quality and amount of rubbish definitely reflects the status of the event.

pocpoc
    Free Member

I got a slappy wrist band thing and an awful P&O ferries keyring at the Grand Depart in York the other year. I was bitterly disappointed.
    But then again, at TDY this year they just drove past and didn’t chuck anything. My inner-Yorkshireman was not impressed.

prawny

The Caravan when the tour came to ‘The North’ in 2014 was pap, I can’t remember whether we got anything at all, maybe haribo.
    Certainly no sign of the hats/tshirts/guff they get on the stages in France.

IdleJon

I thought this was going to be a weird TV conflation of Clarkson, May and Hammond vs. Oddie, Garden and TBT!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Grand Tour Caravan Goodies Show and Tell’ is closed to new replies.