Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • grand to spend!! any ideas which road bike?
  • wormhole

have about a grand to spend on a dark-sider!! really like the look of the planet x pro sl carbon, in the right price bracket and looks nice. anyone got any other ideas i should look at before i spend out??

spacecadett
    Free Member

I bought a Ribble Sportive Racing recently. It's a great bike but I could not reccommend Ribble Cycles in any way – my experience of them is poor.

The Planet X looks great – brill value.

warton
    Free Member

Planet X looks like a steal. I've got a specialized allez elite which I love. but a grand for full carbon and ultegra SL looks top class

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Isn't there a Boardman carbon road bike for about £1000?

Ed2001
    Free Member

Dolan mythos and Focus Cayo are both around that price. However a more practical and usable all rounder particularly if it is your only road bike would be a kinesis racelight TK2. Great mudguarded trainer in winter and – mudguards decent sportive/audax/club ride in summer + it will even take light touring duties.

Stoner
    Free Member

another vote for PX. I dont own one obviously – Im not jey or owt, but the missus has and its superbly built with top notch kit on.

convert

What's it for – road racing, sportive, just bimbling, summer or winter or both? Should make a big difference to what you might want to go for.

The PX is good – but the headtube is a little short for me (as are treks) to get a good fit on. More than 10cm of saddle to bar drop imho is too much and with crazy crane legs I need a well sized head tube to get even an aggressively sensible position.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

hunt out bargains and build one up, far more bang for your buck.

pebble
    Free Member

Got a 56cm 2008 New Old Stock Kona Kapu available for just a little more.

Lightweight steel frame and fork so will last a lifetime if looked after.

Mail me for pics if interested robin.stones@tesco.net

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘grand to spend!! any ideas which road bike?’ is closed to new replies.