Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Grand Designs Isle of Wight episode
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Sorry I am late to the party (only managed to catch up with it last night) and I couldn’t find an appropriate existing thread but seriously WTF? Never have I seen such brazen disregard for money in my life!

mrchrispy

doesnt matter…wasnt the designers money.

Also after his near death experience the owners attitude was ‘its only money’…trouble is it looked like the stress was close to killing him proper this time!

MrSmith
    Free Member

what car did he park outside his house/business?

ampthill

I can only assume that he couldn’t keep the house. I think I worked out the mortgage on the over spend would be around £72000 (based on 2.5% and 25years). But at tha point it was all short term high interest loans

Would you employ him as your accountant?

The mad Sussex guy spent less and he had the money and I think built even bigger

Surely a slightly smaller house would have been fine

johndoh
    Free Member

A house with less extravagant expectations would have been fine too – even their architect was trying to suggest cheaper materials but no….

IainAhh
    Free Member

3.3 million it came in all in mmmmmmmmm.
    I did question the wifes justification saying something along the lines of you can wake up and take in the view and watch the boats go by.

I remember visiting the isle of wight and getting a similar experience sitting outside my tent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Grand Designs Isle of Wight episode’ is closed to new replies.