• This topic has 81 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by chvck.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Grand Big Mac…
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

In the name of research, I’ve just done a “drive by” by the hell hole that is “Hedge End Retail Sink Hole Full of Bored Teenagers & Mums with Sprogs” (it’s half term here) and can confirm that McD’s have sold out of “Le Grand Mr Big Big Mac’athon”. The manager has knocked up some A4 notices all over the place, the message says:

We’re sorry but we’ve sold out of Le Grandiose Mc Mr Big Mac Bigger than the normal Big Mac.

The queue of sullen faces stretches to the Ageas Bowl Cricket Ground.

🍭🍔🍟👎

RustyNissanPrairie

I once had a McDonalds pepperoni pizza from a Maccy’s over Norfolk way years ago. Was nearly as good as a McRib

mattyfez

We all know that McDonald’s speciality burgers are just disappointing versions of an already disappointing range, but more expensive.

You’re not fooling anyone, kryten! 😉

mattyfez

Life hack.. Buy 3x 99p burgers, gets rid of most of the bread and reassemble into mega burgers.

Add a dash or chilli mayo or mustard depending on mood, peppercorn sauce if it’s date night.

You’re welcome.

zippykona

I’ve had one McDonald’s in my life and it was **** shit.

If you are going to eat junk food it might as well taste nice.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For awesome burgers that look like the ones in the pics go no further than my old local

https://www.instagram.com/thewinstonbar/

And tastes as good as it looks 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Is that ^ a tribble burger?

I guess It’s one way to keep the numbers down.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nah just

Beach bum burger
    Coconut crumbed fried chicken with lettuce, tomato, onion, American cheese, bacon and old bay mayo

and mine came out like that too

there are some more special ones in there

Oh and served on boards to wind up the old farts in here 😉

Rich_s

Tried a Grande today. Was a bit meh. It’s just a big Big Mac so a bit sweet and icky. Wouldn’t have another. Plus they seem to have dropped the big tasty from the menu! Aholes.

binners

Mike – to be honest, they look shite! I never really got the whole gourmet/poncey burger thing. It always seems to spectacularly miss the point.

if you want a burger, grab a Maccy D’s or a Burger King. If you want a gourmet dining experience, don’t have a burger, have a decent steak

mac’n,blue cheese? Coconut crumb? On a burger? Seriously?

A big tasty or a KFC Zinger Tower burger pisses on that nonsense every time

If you don’t feel dirty and filled with remorse when you’ve finished it, and you didn’t have a portion of chicken nuggets or some mozzarella dippers as a chaser then it’s not a proper burger

mikewsmith
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>Mike – to be honest, they look shite! I never really got the whole gourmet/poncey burger thing. It always seems to spectacularly miss the point.</span>

Yeah you never tried one 😉 Awesome hand made food by people who actually care and taste what they make, good steak is good but a little dull at times. I never got the point of shit sugar filled burgers made by accountants.

Bear in mind this is the special, meant to be a little different and way better than anything from greggs.

binners

Mike – you’ll have to join us for a Big Manc at Solita…

😃

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Have they started doing chicken big mac’s over there yet?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Someone describing McDonalds as “amazing”? It’s functional food at best.

zilog6128

Mike – you’ll have to join us for a Big Manc at Solita…

No! Bad binners. 😡 you can’t slate mike’s “burger” and then post that abomination!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

^^ yes, the sweet and sour dip tip above is worth following. I thought I was the only one who knew about that, I devised it when I used to work there (when it was cool to work there) and I could prepare my own burgers for lunch when I was on grill duty. Another favourite was a quarter-pounder with double-condiments. And an apple pie.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Whats the point of a burger that’s soooo big you have to eat it with a knife and fork???

If you cant hold it in your hands and eat it then its too big.

mahalo

i never even tried a big mac till i was 30 odd. delicious!

im not a massive fan of the maccies, but sometimes you need a hit.

but, i find you get the same fix from the plain little hamburger as you do a dock off triple decker.

either way you end up full of regret and ultimately still hungry.

edhornby

I like the Manhattan at SoLiTa because the bun isn’t brioche, it’s oven bottom and there is black pudding on it !!  They also did an aged beef burger that was divine, shame that went

not a fan of McDs personally but whatever gets you thru the night

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Agree with Binners tbh, those burgers of Mike’s look shit, frozen chips and iceberg lettuce, no better than the golden arches. Meh.

mattyfez

I have to agree, I do like the odd burger, especially the zinger tower kind, but… And it’s a big but… When it costs the same as a steak dinner and its taller than it is wide, you have start having a serious look at your priorities.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And gourmet burger places are so common now, There’s probably more of them in Glasgow city centre frinstance than there is MacD’s and BK combined!.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Why didn’t they call it the  The Bigger Mac?

mikey74
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t go into Shake Shack: Now that place has some crap burgers and is a complete rip-off.

v8ninety

Maccies is what it is. Comparing it to gourmet  is a bit like comparing roller skates to a Rolls Royce. Both technically transport, but y’know…

if you’re going to compare expensive burgers, compare them to the expensive but (in my eyes) PERFECTION that is a bacon cheese burger all the way from Five Guys…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Did you miss us?  We missed you SOOO much.  The Welcome Back..

= Our food is crap but our menu is going to pretend it’s your friend in the hope that you won’t notice or think that’s somehow “cool and hip”

Oh and served on boards

In fact so crap it’s not even worth the effort of putting on a plate – a bit like McD’s but with added pretentiousness

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Anyway, allow me to introduce the awesome Clark’s Bakery Helicopter Burger.  Burger, lorne sausage, fried egg and chips (and black pudding if you’re up for it).  Enough to give you heart attack just by looking at it

spacemonkey

Off the back of this thread I made a couple of burgers – accompanied with gem lettuce, sautéed onions, cheese, sliced gherkins and a medley of sauces embraced in a wholemeal wrap – for lunch. Absolutely banging.

Game changing tip: roll your patties (clingfilm / sprinkling of flour / fold / rolling pin) to 5mm thickness as this allows you to fry them in 2 mins (1 min each side) and maintain all that yummy moisture.  If using any pork mince then naturally cook a bit longer.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Have to admit I used to like BK.  Only ever had once or twice a year on Hols.  Never liked McDs unless starving and could eat a used shoe, as long as shoe had gherkins on top.

The best burger I tasted (actually looked IRL better even than the ad mockups from BK and McD offerings) was a chargrilled double cheeseburger from Food Factory in Barnards Green chippy.  Four quid, yet completely satisfying.

I have high hopes that this new plant-based burger will satisfy future cravings!

SaxonRider

I agree with both the McD’s critics, and the supporters. Fast food has its place, although the real tragedy is the devastation to agriculture and the environment that ensues.

That said, I have been known to pop in to McD’s on a road trip with my kids once or twice. And back in Canada, I was particularly fond of Wendy’s (I’m sure you would love it, binners!). In any case, I will probably give this new Big Mac a try.

But the best fast food burger of all time – as I remember it – was from a Texan fast food place called ‘Whataburger’. Mmmmmmmmm.

lunge

Had one last night, wife was ill and the only thing she could stomach was McD’s fries. And I wasn’t going to the drive through and just buying fries…

Must say, I was disappointed, mainly with myself for having high expectations and ordering one, but still. Not particularly tasty, fell apart and not a patch on a quarter cheese. Won’t be ordering again.

mattyfez

Burger king has better burgers than macdonalds, but macdonalds chicken nuggets are far superior to BKs offerings.

I’m so torn.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>In fact so crap it’s not even worth the effort of putting on a plate – a bit like McD’s but with added pretentiousness</span>

So much hate 😉 it must be hard to cope some days have a tasty mac and cheese stick.

If your ever down in Hobart make sure you pop in and turn your noses up at the burgers up there, it will save you ordering a drink too 🙂 It was posted as an example of food that comes out looking like it’s pic, coupled with being damm tasty – sometimes iceberg lettuce is the thing you want in there, other times it’s a big load of cheese and chilli mayo. Anyway those were all put together by some people with a passion for food and a lot of skills cooking it.

There is a great radio doc I’ve linked to before on the fast food specials – basically bonus points if you get some outrage press, sell for a limited time as nobody is coming back once they hear what it’s like, design it by committee.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Image result for maestro burger<b></b><i></i><u></u>

As I said before, Dutch Macd`s is awesome, and they actually look like the picture.

mattyfez

Unless you have an actual picture not a stock image, I refuse to believe.

binners

DEAR GOD!!!! THAT CLARKS BAKERY BURGER LOOKS ****ING AWESOME!!!!

On the artery-hardening front, apparently the ultimate is the Maccy D’s breakfast wrap. My mate is a lorry driver for Maccy D’s and they’ve christened them Heart Attack Wraps 😀 I reckon it probably contains about 10% of the calories of that Clarks Behemoth

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So polystyrene good wooden boards bad ? We need a list here

binners

All boards are good for, with regards to food, is cutting cheese on to make cheese on toast (then served on a plate) and whacking the owners of pretentious eateries round the head with until they pack in their hipster nonsense and serve food on plates, like civilised people

polystyrene trays are the late night,post-pub saviours of civilisation itself, without which society would fall apart …

chilli sauce?…

maccruiskeen

if you’re going to compare expensive burgers, compare them to the expensive but (in my eyes) PERFECTION that is a bacon cheese burger all the way from Five Guys…

i find the Five Guys burgers a real disappointment. Chips are amazing though.

simondbarnes

If you ever find yourself in Altrincham then grab a Don Special from the New Don. Double cheeseburger with kebab meat. Free chips too and only £4. I’m amazed that I’m not fatter than I already am 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Grand Big Mac…’ is closed to new replies.