Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Graham's top tip for driving when the sun's in your eyes.
  • Slow down a bit, there might be a bus stopped at the bus stop.

D0NK

Not you driving I hope

Drivers and low sun is a bad combo, but if you hit a smaller softer object you’ll probably be fine.
    At The Going Down of The Sun and In The Morning

No, I went out with a replacement bus so our driver could carry on with her route.

project
    Free Member

Thats an old Dennis Dart,

It’s a Kidderminster bus, therefore it’s an old Dennis Dart. 😉

project
    Free Member

Arriva round here have some very slow off the mark S reg double deckers, cast offs from london Transport duties.

older buses are also pootling round as well.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Taxi drivers eh, salt of the earth?

edhornby

I have a cycling cap in the driver side pocket cos they are perfect for cutting out the centre shine point

the front of the car that hit the bus will be a right old mess, they always come off worse

epicyclo

What chances have cyclists got if the motorons can’t see a bus?

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

OH says that’s a Euro 2 (she works in ADL’s technical dept).. 😉

garage-dweller

Epicyclo it is the fault of the bus because it and the passengers should have been wearing hi vis and helmets…

epicyclo

garage-dweller – Member
    Epicyclo it is the fault of the bus because it and the passengers should have been wearing hi vis and helmets…

You’re right. My apologies… 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Ah, a friend of ours has just taken delivery of 16 BorisMasters and a fully electric bus.
    Sounds like a painful day, hope no passengers injured?

Underhill
    Free Member

Ah you can’t just blame the taxi drivers. We had a Wright’s Renown written off when a Golf TDI rear ended it at a reasonable speed, hard enough to break the engine mounts and drive the engine into the bellhousing.

It was a driving instructor on her way home for dinner. Bus was dropping kids off from school. Could have been a disaster. Still have the VW badge on my toolbox…

globalti
    Free Member

Fogged up or dirty windscreen. That grey film that accumulates on the insides of the glass is plasticiser film that migrates out of the vinyls, the last problem the motor industry hasn’t resolved. If you don’t remove it regularly with a dry towel it builds up and attracts moisture.

jools182
    Free Member

I really don’t like being on the bike when the sun is low, makes me nervous

Mantastic
    Free Member

MTQG – You don’t slow down up Northwood lane when the sun is in yer face 😉

Slower than some.
    I stopped for an oncoming car a few weeks ago, the car behind me didn’t.
    A Land Rover rear cross member, complete with bumperettes and NATO hitch can do quite a bit of damage to a small car. 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Graham's top tip for driving when the sun's in your eyes.’ is closed to new replies.