Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • graffiti v's tagging
  • racefaceec90

just watching graffiti wars on channel 4.i have always loved good graffiti (some of it is stunning),but tagging i have never liked (leaving the issues of vandalism aside for a moment) it just looks like something anyone could do (no artistry involved in it/am no artist myself)what are your views?

donsimon
    Free Member

I concur.

osteo1
    Free Member

Concur! watching it too!

Jamie
    Free Member

C’mon Team Robbo!

HermanShake
    Free Member

Graffiti is defiant expression when done correctly, tagging is territorial pissing.

Look up wheatpasting, it’s the screen printing elite form of graffiti. Even more sophisticated than stencil.

Edric64
    Free Member

As someone who cleans bus shelters for a living I would cut all their bloody hands off it takes ages to clean paint off or it costs a fortune to repaint shelters or replace polycarb panels

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As someone who cleans bus shelters for a living I would cut all their bloody hands off

Surely you rely on them to provide you with a living ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Airtight logic from Ernie.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Edric – get your application ready for hand cutter offerererere.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thanks Jamie. I don’t understand why Edric 64 can’t see it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

One would assume that because dickheads tag bus shelters, there are more bus shelter cleaners like E64. However, it doesn’t make cleaning it up any less painful.

Northwind

Tagging’s rubbish, but some tags are quite clever. Frinstance a local gang has a brilliant logo (worthy of inclusion in a bazillion page thread about marketing), the tagging might be moronic but whoever came up with the design deserves to go pro.

donsimon
    Free Member

Apart from Robbo banging on like a broken record about Banksy, Banksy’s not coming out of this too well.

Edric64
    Free Member

No Ernie I clean them every month of dirt and grime ,The little gits who put paint on them make my life difficult and as im self employed on a fixed price per shelter it costs me time and money

Jamie
    Free Member

Damn. Didn’t see that coming.*

*In relation to the doc.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Banksy’s not coming out of this too well.

It’s Channel 4. It’s full of haterz.

Edric64
    Free Member

racefaceec90

that was a shock.i hope he will be alright.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

im self employed on a fixed price per shelter it costs me time and money

You need to negotiate a new price which includes removing paint where it occurs, otherwise I would just stick to the “dirt and grime” which you are contracted to remove – why are you removing paint if your not paid to do so ? 😕

roper
    Free Member

you can’t have graffiti without tagging.

jon1973
    Free Member

Surely you rely on them to provide you with a living ?

yes, just like A&E staff whinging about having to treat drunks on a Friday night. They’d all be out of work if it wasn’t for them. 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

just like A&E staff whinging about having to treat drunks on a Friday night.

Good point jon1973 ……I hadn’t thought of that.

Sometimes people fail to see the positive side of things.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘graffiti v's tagging’ is closed to new replies.