Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Graeme Obree's bike for sale.
  • lotto
    Free Member

Over on EBay.
    Be cool to turn up to Sundays club run on that.

allthepies
    Free Member

Or use for washing machine spares.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Link?

coastkid
    Free Member
    federalski
    Free Member

I’d never noticed before that the fork is a “Righty” 😳

epicyclo

I’m bidding on it, so I can use it on my World Hour Record attempt.

Just got to persuade the UCI that because of my age I should be allowed 3 hours to complete it. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Is it old faithful or the copy from mike burrows ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

£2.6K and no chain?

aracer
    Free Member

Is it old faithful or the copy from mike burrows ?

Not old faithful, because Obree rode that a lot more than is claimed for that bike (to be honest I was fairly sure before I read the description as Old Faithful doesn’t have such a big lump of seat tube – is a round tube with a bit of a gusset). Hence only ridden in his first attempt at Hamar when he failed to take the record.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Old faithful is in Edinburgh Museum.

pegglet
    Free Member

yep thats the mike one. i got to ride it outside mikes factory.1/2 mile was enough for me before arms gave out! belongs at the mo,to Vic Haines ,a guy in Essex who bankrolled Obree…..and lost a lot of money…..they,r not friends anymore!!

fatboyjon

Finished today for a nice round ten grand. Can someone explain how the winning bidder has ended up on £10k when the second highest is only £8200? I thought bids went up about £100 a time automatically in that price range.

Northwind

Does it not show the second highest succesful bid? So without the winner, it would have gone to £8200.

spacehopper

i’m guessing it was because there was probably a bidder who isn’t on the list.

They will have bid after / at the same time the winner, and they’ll probably have bid upto 9900 then stopped as they’ve seen the winner had already bid 10k+ (and they obviously didn’t wanna spend more than 10k..)

they don’t appear on the list as they’re never the ‘highest bidder’ at any moment in time

lightman
    Free Member

Its because the 2nd placed bidder probably put around £9900 as their top bid, so it only shows their winning bid/highest they needed at the time.
    You can see a jump from £5200 up to £7000 in one go, same thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Graeme Obree's bike for sale.’ is closed to new replies.