Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • Graded trails at trail centres
  • muddyground
    Free Member

It’s not that bad! I rode it, and I’m frankly rubbish at that sort of thing.

oceandweller

All very interesting, but hey! sanity check boys & girls: someone died on the “easy” red @ Swinley a month ago. I’ve ridden Swinley red since & the bit where it happened is a decent, but not enormous & very rollable, jump. Only a confident & skillful rider would get hurt there, because only a reasonably good rider would be going fast enough to get really airborn, a beginner would just roll safely through @ a bit over walking pace & wonder what all the flowers were for.
    Mountain biking is fundamentally dangerous. Fast tracks are more dangerous than slow ones. As far as I’m concerned grades should warn people of that. Technical difficulty with no danger, like off camber roots & stepped climbs, we can find out about as we go along. IMHO.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I remember when it were all dickin about in the woods and if you wanted something mad you found a good looking place and maybe added a few bits here and there. I think it best to err on the side of caution at public centres especially when the consequences of a mistake could be worse than you’re used to. Fall off in the Surrey hills = Get muddy, fall of in Wales = land on rocks.. Anyone that good knows where to ride to get a bigger hit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Graded trails at trail centres’ is closed to new replies.