Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Graded Goods on ebay
  • teef
    Free Member

What’s peoples experience with Graded goods bought on ebay. I’m looking at getting a turbo trainer – impression is that Graded means just cosmetic damage. Will I get a bargain or are Graded goods too good to be true?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I buy a fair few graded products on eBay, tools mainly. nearly every time they’ve been as new, no signs of use, one once had a rusty bolt but that’s not a problem to me for a big saving.

I’m lead to believe that some items, if sold and returned, do not go back into stock, instead they get sold off to resellers as ‘graded’ or returned to manufacturers to refurbish.

It could however have been kicked around the stock room and be scratched to hell, I guess that’s the gamble.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d look at the sellers feedback.

Junkyard
    Free Member

All the stuff i have bought has been indiscernible from new goods

Check carefully though as some is clearly “refurbished” rather than graded

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Bought a Vax hoover from Argos that was a graded shop returned goods ony last week of the bay. Was £150 odd quid in store, bought it delivered next day it for £45. Opened the box, bit of packaging missing, other than that was brand new, never spun a wheel. Happy days for me.

Legoman
    Free Member

I’d be wary with graded electricals,we’ve bought 2 items a both were faulty:
    – Pure digital radio: volume control is temperamental
    – Cheapish ipod speaker dock for camping: charger is a bit dodgy (poor connection somewhere)

Both cheap and faults weren’t bad enough to go through the hassle of returning, but on balance I’d rather just pay a bit more for something which works properly

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

We bought a graded Neff oven about 5 years ago, local seller, so went to see it. It had a 5p sized dent in the side of it.

It was a current model & something silly, like £1200 in most shops. I recall paying less than £400 for it.

It’s been brilliant, happily do it again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Graded Goods on ebay’ is closed to new replies.