Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gpx supp… Errrrm, repositories
  • lerk
    Free Member

Having used my garmin for off road navigation on Sunday for the first time using a gpx justgoride, I’ve been looking for other pre mapped routes in areas I don’t know…

I assume there must be other sites about doing similar, but it would be nice to know from experienced users which are good…

Fire away chaps!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Strava premium let’s you download routes.

nickdavies

Gpsies.com pretty much wins this one if you want lazy options. Strava & strava heat map if you want to hunt out routes and design your own using something like bikehike.com. Not quite as simple but gives you a nice feel for a new area.

sirromj

Maps overlaid onto DEM data is good too for planning routes.

andytherocketeer

depends on location
    gpsies has a very german bias
    wikiloc
    strava, endomondo, mapmyrun/mapmyride etc. all let you steal routes
    everytrail has routes and guides (the latter handy for sending to smartphone app)
    I use a mix of sites for inspiration, but generally plot my own route based on what looks good in those sites, rather than just taking a gpx.

craig24
    Free Member

http://www.pedalnorth.com Depending on where you are. Or as others have mentioned look on Strava then create your own based on them, bikemap.net is great for creating your own GPX files.

v666ern
    Free Member

Strava premium let’s you download routes.

There are non-premium ways of doing this too. Just be warned, just because you can doesn’t mean you’ll actually get around if you steal someones route who turns out to be a 20 year old xc racing whippet 😳

1/3rd of the way round and garmin plays the ‘your virtual partner has finished’ music 😥

craig24
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gpx supp… Errrrm, repositories’ is closed to new replies.