Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • GPX route/track for Swinley?
  • superfli
    Free Member

Hi, I’m off to Swinley for my first visit on Friday, and although I have a map of the forest with marked trail sections, does anyone have a nice route that I could follow on my GPS? A ride that would take in the best singletrack on offer.

TIA

FieldMarshall

Someone off here kindly sent me some files last year. I’ll forward them on by email to the address in your profile.

Should be plenty to keep you busy for a while.

superfli
    Free Member

Nice one FM. files received 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FieldMarshall

Your welcome.

Have sent another route that takes in most of the best bits.

superfli
    Free Member

I’ve just noticed that OpenCycleMap has, it seems, all the trails labelled 🙂
    Bit of a rabbit hole isnt it!

FieldMarshall

Im not familiar with that, is it a website?

There’s literally trails everywhere. I’m not local to Swinley but ride there a dozen or so times a year and find new trails everytime we go.

RustyMac

You know if you postponed your trip for 1 day to the Saturday this is going on

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-swinley-super-sexual-super-fun-all-welcoming-october-fun-ride-round2

superfli
    Free Member

FM, Open source maps – they are available on a variety of GPS systems. I’m using Viewranger (OS maps avaiable too)

RM, Yes, I’m aware of that and would like to go, but have an Enduro race on Sunday – the missus would not be pleased 🙂

superfli
    Free Member

Wow, great fun! Thanks for the maps FM, Sort of followed one until we got to Labyrinth – what an amazing trail that is! Berm after berm in such a small space!
    Meet another mate and went onto Jump Gully after that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XItw1Rv3jE

Top day, and great weather too 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘GPX route/track for Swinley?’ is closed to new replies.